Destiny 2

Started by LowPolyOWG, August 30, 2017, 05:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

If you're interested to give it a try, I will happily play Destiny 2 with you :)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I won't play it but maybe someone else will :)

LowPolyOWG

Sooo, this game has had its fair share of controversies. The first was the lack of items to grind for, compared to Destiny 1. In D2, weapons have fixed stats (you get the same item all over again, but with a higher power level). Eververse, which is a cosmetic items only shop, but you are not guaranteed getting the items you need and a job listing at Bungie/Activision suggesting they want you to throw more cash at it. Artificial XP throttling, the game deliberately lied to you in how much XP you got from doing various activities. The third was on how Bungie never bothered to properly communicate and adress critical feedback.

However, things has finally started to change.

I decided to stop playing due to the controversies and sink some hours into UBI*bleep* Division instead :gnehe: Which has items you need to grind for :bigsmile:

LowPolyOWG

Alright, I guess this is the definition of overpowered :evil2: :laughsm: :anigrin: ???

Since the release of the Warmind expansion, Bungie decided to add a timed exotic quest. The quest gives you access to the weapon. Catch: You need to have max power level (385) to be able to do that mission. There are plenty of bosses everywhere and mobs that will instantly wipe you, if try this below Power Level 385. Also, this event is limited to the weekends. Fans of the game are happy, Bungie's release philosophy of keeping everything balanced apparently ruined the core pillar of Destiny's exotic weapons.

A playthrough on Heroic solo

Solstice of Heroes event.

LowPolyOWG

The new exotic MG  :anigrin:

Bye bye boss :bigsmile:

I would record some gameplay of my own, if OBS played nice with display capture on a laptop and Bungie not being morons about programs hooking into the executable :banghead: New DLC coming in 1 week's time, so MGs will return again as a weapon class.

LowPolyOWG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUdVCDoytFw

First Destiny 2 Video. A pain to set up and it requires OB(CPUH)S

Spoiler
Open Broadcasting CPUHog Softhitware
:banghead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoVYyYCRP48&list=PL4vbGURud_HrWuQ4_fOY6pCoOAoYWf-hY

Playthrough from MKIceAndFire (Red War campaign)

Art Blade

A pity that you can't get 3D3Gear to w0#k with it. I assume you tried all different formats the software has to offer? Anyway, we've still got that CPU hog :gnehe: Or we need more powerful hardware.

That game.. I think I'm too old for yet another Quake III Arena version regarding pvp and the main game looks just like any other shoot-em-ups.. even reminds me of FC5, that space Hurk DLC, D_B recorded some of that.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I can't even keep up watching this type of game anymore, much less play it. Unless there was a server with just older folks on it, I'd get ruined by all the teens and 20 somethings on normal public servers with faster reflexes. I did have fun back in the day mostly on Unreal Tournament, Quake never really caught my attention.

The futuristic space location does remind you of the Mars locations in the Lost on Mars DLC for FC5, but the gameplay is completely different.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

Bit too busy and frenetic for me too, I couldn't watch more than about ten minutes or so. I prefer shooters where you can make use of cover and stealth and employ some kind of tactics against enemies who likewise utilize cover and will try to outflank you, as opposed to fending off hordes of bullet-sponges as they hurl themselves straight at you. Dare I say I prefer more cerebral violence :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

This was a PvP match. I recorded some PvE adventures aswell, but I bet you guys would not enjoy looking at 2001/1990-era graphics  :-X Downgrading the visuals below the normal settings made my game look like clay :anigrin: Also, most round objects are turned into squares.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Wielding the Thunderlord on Titan. Look at that quality... This is with texture details at "highest", yet doesn't look like it :laughsm:

Lighting breaks aswell :-X

Clan steward, with low res mode enabled  :gnehe:

fragger

It's not bad, though. Not really. I've seen a lot worse. Hey, Fallout 4 doesn't look as good as that :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm:

Think I will edit/produce that PvE video then :)

Art Blade

that was a pretty funny conversation between the two of you :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin:

Not often developers gives you the opportunity to buy the sheet music of their songs :bigsmile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jQ_NbelyZE

Inner Light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8ilLSEjlAQ

The Farm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz9yfvrqNnA

Inner Light

Art Blade

Now all you need to do is practice a little, then rent an opera and a proper orchestra along with it so they may accompany you. It might sound a tad more epic than playing solo at home :anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳