Destiny 2

Started by LowPolyOWG, August 30, 2017, 05:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Kinda sucks, but I can just install the game when attending classes. Will take ~9 hours with a 2.3 MB/s DL speed :banghead:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

today I got a new 100GBit/s download / 30GBit/s upload tariff for my internet. A 10GB Hitman update on my PC came splashing down on me in a two shakes of a lamb's tail. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

:o

Mind if I pay you a visit so I can install some games? Just kidding, enjoy that upgrade  O0

Art Blade

cheers, pal :bigsmile: And sorry about your miserable download speed. I remember exactly what that's like. And you're not alone.. you're probably better off than poor PZ ;)

LowPolyOWG

Looking at it that way, better than no internet access at all :)

Art Blade

PZ

Yes, I am quite thankful that I have reasonable connection even though it is slow by todays standards. Before this I had satellite, and I tried to play online with my son and the lag was so bad that he regularly shot me dead before I even caught up to the kill shot.  :D

LowPolyOWG

I decided to fire up Destiny 2 to play the new DLC. The power cap is now 960 gear score and as usual, new items have been added. Also, Bungo added in a battle pass you can level up. Compared to Ushit's Ghost Microtransactions Lootpoint, there is no cap on experience you can grind per day and there are a lot of bounties and activities you can do for to level the pass up. Also, items in the pass are not entirely exclusive to the pass itself, they are found in the world itself. The pass is a more direct approach to unlock some of the gear. No, there are no time savers that will let you unlock everything from scratch, yet. Bungie want to add them closer to the end of the season and make adjustments based on player feedback. I will post some pictures, but will reset my graphics to something that looks like a 2019 game :laughsm:

The game is quite popular on Steam, servers literally crashed on launch day :laughsm: Current player count today is 140K.

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Alright, here are some high quality Destiny 2 screenshots :)

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Male Hunter

My alternate character (Female Titan)

My personal spaceship

Inventory menu. Here, I can change gear/weapons and modify them.

A look at the "season pass", which has two tiers. A free tier and a paid one. Bungie have three options to monetize the player base. Silver purchases for the Eververse store, DLC purchases or the seasonal battle pass. Everyone start at gear level 750. They openly said on their VLOG that
Quote"We know that people say you have to pay for everything, it's becomes expensive and we felt it's not optimal for players to recommend it to friends when they need to buy x and y and do z activites to catch up in gear level"

Paid content would be the Forsaken story line. Which includes year 2 activities and exotic weapon quests. And the shadowkeep DLC, which also includes this season's battle pass. Other than that, the planets are accessible for everyone.

Basically, a big middle finger to Acti-Blizz, who could dictate what Bungie could and could not do business wise. Even being a free to play title, some people was worried about Bungie's decision to add unlockable weapons within the battle pass progression. Especially when it was announced BP tier 1 would grant you access to an exotic weapon, while others needed to grind to lvl 35 to get that and people got concerned about the pass weapons interfering with the overall balance.

A MG, which is a part of the BP. Looking in the "Collections" tab, the MG cannot be rebought. Which means it's going to be a part of an activity players can grind for. It can potentially be better than the version you unlock from the pass.

The exotic handcannon itself. Not really that overpowered, it has very low ammo reserves 6+30, while other HCs have 100+. Also use "special" ammo, an ammo type used for low capacity weapons/snipers. Reloads slow and it's a 90 rpm gun.

Popping a golden gun super ability on some unfortunate Fallen robots

Collections tab. Here, you can rebuy Y1 gear/exotics you have found. You cannot buy the Y2 gear, as Bungie added random rolls back to Destiny 2 and that would invalidate the looting part. Why loot for a new gun/gear piece, when you can just rebuy it over and over?

Commander Zavala. You can trade tokens with him to earn gear. Also sells bounties that gives XP and glimmer

He even sells you a bounty for a new weapon

The tower itself

The Spider. A vendor that will trade materials for glimmer or other materials. Refreshes daily at 10 AM pacific time.

A mini-boss that spawns in a mission/in-game.

Strike. Kinda similar to dungeons from other MMOs. I am at like 756 power, so I would be not helpful for my team at all :-X Above that difficulty, i should have no issues dealing damage and sustain damage.

Art Blade

looks like a very sad development, everything monetised and causing agony among players.

LowPolyOWG

Well, for a free to play game, this isn't really that bad. This is what you get as a non-DLC owner. However, one could argue that there will be FOMO (fear of missing out) among some gamers with a seasonal reward system.

LowPolyOWG

An engram. This basically gives you a weapon or armor piece. They go from white, green, blue and purple. Then yellows, which contains exotic items. Higher rarity means better gear and more perks.

So, each seasonal rank is 100K XP. I probably got like 70K XP from finishing that mission. As I said, there a bounties you can do and Bungie  give you 3x XP gain every week for your first 3 levels. It's like other MMOs, resting in some areas give you a temporarily experience buff.

Treasure chest that gives you materials and some glimmer.

A public event. Completing those rewards glimmer and maybe a gear piece

A random player I spawned with.

Art Blade

the treasure chest sure looks cool :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳