No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Hey, let's not be too hasty now. You wouldn't want to sample the cake that's still in the oven, either, would you. It needs to cool down first. :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

haha, right, Art! Let them finish it first, only a year or more later!

I haven't been playing much lately as a new Minecraft modpack took my interest away, which will last maybe another week or so before I get bored with it, but the portals are part of the quest line, I guess and you get sent to one eventually? Maybe, I don't really know, but here's what one looks like with the glyphs entered. Apparently, this is to another person's base area and you can go visit them:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Oh, and yes, two players can now meet, this is what it looks like

Apparently, your character is a floating, glowing orb.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

:gnehe:

that vid about meeting another player is not exactly overwhelming. Interaction in silence, with a soap bubble? Great..

Dweller_Benthos

You get to build a monument, though!
D_B

Art Blade

ah, good that you mentioned it. It was so important, I accidentally forgot to remember it. :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

:D :D yep, gotta keep that in mind!

I haven't played any the last few days, that new Minecraft mod pack is keeping me occupied. Every night I say I'll play that a bit then go over to NMS but it never happens. Maybe I need to start with NMS and then see how it goes, lol.
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

OK, so I played some more last night and decided to finish the armory quest line. First up was to destroy a supply depot, which is one of those locations with a set of five or six structures that look like holding tanks where you usually get titanium. So I blasted it from the ship, then landed and took some supplies and shot down the sentinels that appeared. No biggie. Next mission was to get a dagger for the guy, something about it can heal if you stab someone with it, so that was no big. Then, he says, "Welp, we done went and pissed off the sentinels, your gonna have to go battle them, they are in orbit, have fun with that."

Ever battle sentinel ships in orbit? You think pirates are bad? I don't know how many small ships they had, because the cruiser kept shooting me down before I could get turned around. The cruiser is the size of a medium freighter and has maybe 10-15 laser turrets on it. Just flying past it knocked my shields out and took a couple points off my ship's main health meter, which is maxxed for that type of ship. So on my third try, I managed to take out eight or so of the turrets on the cruiser but still died and none of the times did I even take down one of the fighters, of which there are maybe six? I don't know, I never got a chance to count.

And this is after I had learned how to make more weapons for my ship. So I reloaded the save game and went back to my base to collect as much iron as possible so I can recharge my shields, plus I need to learn the shortcut menu for recharging as going to the main menu to recharge will just get you killed.
D_B

Art Blade

that doesn't sound like fun  :sad-new:

fragger

No it doesn't :huh-new: I had a run-in with a Sentinel ship and its associated fighters back in the old game, and yeah, it was an exercise in exasperation. That may have been when I gave up on the game actually as it happened very soon after the Atlas path anticlimax.

I can't even remember what triggered the Sentinels. I seem to have a vague recollection of it happening during one of those "defend the freighters as soon as you pop out of hyperspace" events. I think I accidentally hit a freighter while trying to shoot down a pirate ship in close proximity to it, and the whole galaxy declared war on me. Shouting "It was an accident!" at the monitor did little to calm the situation as Sentinels, pirates and freighters all forgot their various differences and united to bash me up :banghead:

Art Blade

Now that you mention that, indeed.. I too ran into sentinels once. I don't remember the details, either, but it was a never ending swarm of attack ships and lasers from the carrier. I think I fired at a freighter just to see whether or not there was actually loot in those storage containers when the sentinels freaked out and went after me.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, that's about it, I even tried kiting the ships over to the normal convoy of freighter ships to see if they would help, but no go, they weren't interested. Maybe if I owned my own freighter, it might be different. Oh, and from what I see on reddit, apparently you can have more than one ship, and park them in a freighter you own? Since the freighters are so expensive, I've barely looked at them as a possibility.
D_B

fragger

Last time I played I docked inside a freighter and there were three bays in the hanger area, so maybe you can have up to three ships on board. Like you said D_B, the freighters are hideously expensive, and the cost of having one of those and more than one ship would be pretty prohibitive. I'm sure it could be done, but there would be an awful lot of grinding, collecting and other stuff involved, I would imagine.

Art Blade

I'm eyeballing some mods or a save game editor.. no way in hell am I going to grind as much as during the first part back in pre-alpha.

Oops.. downloading 58.5 MB

Hello!

Today we're releasing Patch 1.37, which introduces a number of improvements including a new ship control scheme for mouse & keyboard players, an upload all discoveries option and improved trade prices. This patch is available now!

New mouse & keyboard control scheme

In this patch, we've added a new ship control scheme for PC mouse & keyboard players. This option can be toggled, and changes ship controls to be cursor based, meaning you'll be able to direct your ship easily using your mouse. In addition, PC mouse and keyboard players can now look around the ship's cockpit by holding the ALT key. Note: This new option will be active by default, and can be toggled off by visiting the General Options menu.

Other changes and improvements
Allowed economy Scanner to be used from the Quick Menu to locate an outpost
Improved prices trade outposts offer for trade goods
Added ability to hold backspace to delete text in text entry fields
Improved pagination of tech and product build windows
Improved pricing of freighters and freighter trade-in values
Added economy information to the galactic map for systems the player has already visited
Added a quick menu option to scan for outposts using an economy scanner
Increased tech fragment rewards for tech debris
Added a penalty to standing for killing civilian ships
Updated and improved terrain editing effects
Changed farmer missions to count plants grown anywhere towards requirements, including outside of player bases
Improved rewards given from factory and harvester buildings to avoid awarding known recipes
Improved fog and weather effects in low flight mode
Reduced FPS when the game is not in focus
Added categories to the item transfer window
Added a new send window to aid in transferring items
Improved planet temperature ranges
Improved storms on lush planets
Improved price comparison text on the ship purchase screen
Added "Upload All" button on the discovery page
Improved trade product pricing
Improved price modifiers for different economy types
Bug fixes
Players who find themselves a long way away from their mission destination can now use the log to reset the mission. The mission log will highlight missions and destinations over several thousand light years away with a red icon. Holding R3 or the middle mouse button over this icon will reset the mission to the most recent safe stage, allowing progress to continue.
Fixed an issue where some players did not receive all of the portal glyphs. If you experienced this issue, the next time you find a portal glyph, and that were previously missed should be restored.
Restored missing Atlas Seed blueprints to affected players
Fixed an issue that caused players to skip certain Atlas Stations
Reduced chance of multiple missions sending you to the same destination
Fixed landing of S-class ships
Fixed an issue in displaying temperature modifiers on hot planets
Fixed an issue with a particular Factory Raid mission which would prevent completion
Prevented failed timed missions remaining on the mission board indefinitely
Fixed issue where certain missions would incorrectly show markers in the galactic map
Fixed issue where planters on a player's freighter would break whenever the freighter was moved
Fixed an exploit with teleporting between systems to trade
Prevented gas harvesters being constructed on planets with no atmosphere to harvest
Fixed number visibility when moving inventory items
Fixed an issue where player could not build item stacks in creative mode
Fixed issue where the economy description on the galactic map had untranslated text
Fixed issue where units would function incorrectly for players with more than the maximum amount
Fixed issues where maintenance components would require different repairs after rebooting the game
Fixed an issue where delivery missions were occasionally failing to register as complete
Prevented bounty missions failing if you choose not to attempt them immediately
Prevented terrain editing effects showing while you are in your vehicle

Dweller_Benthos

Was just coming here to post that. Improved ship controls for PC, that sounds interesting, improved freighter prices, weren't we just talking about that?

Finally, an upload all option for discoveries!
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳