No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

;) If you use chrome, you can look up the websites you've gone to, and what passwords are stored for them. It's under settings, I imagine Firefox has something similar, unless you've disabled saving passwords.

Anyway, I finished exploring the last system I was in and moved on to the next on the Atlas path. Just two planets, but one was my first "glass" planet. Not sure how they fit into the story, but they look weird. Even from space, you can tell the surface is all hexagons and once you land, everything is hexagons, even the "trees". No animals or other plants on this one, but I didn't explore it heavily yet.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Still no luck getting the next Atlas pass, but I have gotten recipes for a few more expensive items that I don't know how to craft the ingredients for yet.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

wow that looks beautiful :)

Art Blade

I'd like to say "still" no mail but instead I will say, no mail from that mod site at all and for some reason I doubt that it will ever w0#k. Which leads to the question, why. Maybe my adblock (don't think so) or uBlock Origin (more likely) prevents the site to complete the task. I'll have to try and find out but frankly, I don't feel like it. Because if it doesn't w0#k with my security settings, then I'm inclined to say, f*** that s***.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I've had web sites where the confirmation email just never arrives. I think a spam filter somewhere along the way blocks them. If you already registered, as it has your e-mail saved, you can probably look up the saved password. At least on Chrome you can, under settings, there's a manage passwords section and it will bring you to a page with all your saved passwords by website. I would imagine Firefox has something similar. Or just go here

https://passwords.google.com/

But here's the save file editor I recently grabbed from there.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/50aimaw1jz8970e/NMSSE-1.2.1-beta.1.zip

So, some more exploring on the glass planet, found a base if I ever want to move there

Also saw my first S-Class "exotic" ship, at a trading post.

It has fewer slots than my current ship, but is much faster and has a high maneuverability:

I could have bought it outright as my ship is worth more, but right now I need cargo space. Once I get a freighter and can just outright buy ships and not trade what I currently have, I'll get one of these. Now I just need to find one of those "squid" type ships too.

Oh, I just went to No Man's Sky mods.com and it has an option to login with Steam and that's what I used. Have you tried that, Art?

Err actually this is the better save game editor

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cqvjxruzrc8cbdr/No-Mans-Sky-Save-Editor.zip
D_B

Art Blade

man, D_B.. thank you So much! +1 :thumbsup: but no sloppy kiss lol

I tried using the steam log-in as well. First time, steam server error. Second time, something similar. So.. no luck. Actually, as if they really did everything to keep me out  :anigrin:

I did read your hint regarding chrome in your last post but forgot to reply to that, I never save passwords. In this particular case, I obviously never wrote it down, either :banghead: I've got a little black book (aka analogue data carrier) with all my log-in stuff in my desk but no entry for that site.

As usual, nice pics :)

Art Blade

I found an interesting site, looking for ships. Maybe you can find something there, too, and anything else for NMS.

https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Starship

Two things I just read are: ships properties are randomised every time they land, and storage room can be identified by the wing shape. Interesting.

Regarding those $300m freighters.. up to nearly $500m. The really interesting ones apparently can be found when space battles occur and they call you for help, they might be offered to you to buy afterwards. Damn, I want a star destroyer  :)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah there were reddit posts back on the game release where people were changing the ship seeds to get all sorts of weird combinations, that's where I found the ship I currently use. All I wanted was the large cargo capacity and the wing shape, as back then, all ships flew the same. Now that ships have different flight characteristics (mine steers like a cow) it makes sense to have different ships.

I posted the pic of the freighter I wanted a while back, the star destroyer type, but it was a bit shorter than the largest versions of that type, which are the most expensive. But I think once I get enough money to buy one of the smaller ones, I'll take it and then w0#k from there.
D_B

Art Blade

Here's a site I found useful regarding seeds. They publish the seeds along with a pic so it makes sense. Other sites are mostly *bleep*.

https://www.nmseeds.club/Seeds/Search/freighter

And after a lot of working around and trial&error, I got the new stuff sorted. Which means, my old fighter now only looks the same as before and still has got 48 general slots but the recent game updates helped me convert that nice ship into a proper fighter. Then I worked my way up acquiring a freighter and went from there. I was too much of a freshman to engage in a firefight so I missed out on a chance of being offered a freighter. I found out, however, that calling for help (damn expensive) brings in a freighter as well, I bought that one and went from there. Stupid, really stupid is the interior design of freighters: always the same. You can't tell the difference between a nutshell and a death star when inside. Funny thing with freighters: you've got three landing strips with three landing bays per strip for incoming traders. It's almost exactly like in a space station or trading post. Oh, one of the bays is needed for your small ship so you can land in there whenever you want and you can summon your own freighter at any time.

Buying ships is different from the old game, now you get 75% of your ship's value and you have to trade it in (same type only, you keep your fighter if you buy a freighter) and it's bad if you trade in a ship that's worth more than the new one as you don't get the exceeding amount paid out. Essentially it forces you to trade in for better ships only unless you can print money. I can, thanks to the savegame editor :bigsmile:

Also, the game now allows you to rename ships and even the power multi-tool. I did that just now, after finishing most of my editing. Still need to find out what to do with the multi-tool. It really needs more slots.

Here's a few pics.

click to enlarge (full size available)

Dweller_Benthos

Nice cheat.... err editing there lol!  :o

I have yet to do any save game editing, though I've looked at the options. I want more cargo slots on my suit so I think I will add them. That shouldn't cause too much issue. Not sure about adding spaces to the multi-tool, but according to the editor, you can. Same goes for storage cubes back at the base, having 5 slots in each is ridiculous, I may increase those to nine each. I still think I want to raise the money legit to get a freighter, but after that I may just edit it to the type and size I want.

And I think if you're in your freighter, and a ship lands that you like, you can just outright buy it and not have to trade in your current ship. I've seen posts on reddit from people who have six different ships parked in the freighter and call it when they need to change, like from the hauler to a fighter when a space battle crops up.
D_B

Art Blade

Hehe, cheers.

ah, that I haven't tested yet, would be really cool. An indicator that they're right is in the editor, there's a pull-down menu with currently only one entry that reads something like starship(0) and the index alone obviously already gives it away. But it doesn't tell you how. Thanks :)

Oh, careful with overextending slots. I sort of did that to the tech inventory of the freighter. Up to 7 are possible but apparently they're not all in use. When I enabled them, I couldn't open them at all in game so I reduced them to 4 needed for the hyperdrive components.

Art Blade

It works. Actually, you can choose between buying and trading in your old ship.

Art Blade

Regarding those multi-tools, I needed mine today to defend myself against really, really annoying sentinels because I followed one mission path. I'll have to find that Artemis guy. His wrecked ship was, of course, the main attraction for patrolling sentinels and they really didn't want me to hang around. And they kept respawning every minute. I was even attacked while reading stuff and during cutscenes. DURING CUTSCENES! I'm just glad I've got a really massive armour plating with every possible upgrade including eight Remembrance relics that stack up and add to armour.

While a completely upgraded mining laser is definitely a weapon that works, I found the Blaze Javelin plus two extensions, the Blaze Javelin Coolant Tau and the Blaze Javelin Damage Theta to be excellent. One shot and the sentinel blew up, threat eliminated. :anigrin: I hate them. Now my multi-tool doesn't have terra-forming and base-building options anymore because the ton of scanners and their upgrades take up all the remaining slots. Weird concept, that tool. I'd actually have to have a couple of them, and be able to choose them like with those so-called weapon wheels as seen in GTA and other games. But no, no dice. However, I don't know what's really good and what I need to get a reasonable tool loadout.

I am looking for a nice planet or moon to build a base on but there have only been horrible places around so far. Which reminds me, I used to have a nice little moon once. It's still on my discovery list. But it is IMPOSSIBLE to get back to it because it is in a different galaxy. JUST GREAT. Why can't we go back? :banghead: At least my carrier freighter is a good place to go back to.

back from recon

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, having a really good multi-tool means you have to sacrifice some functions, or constantly swap out tech and weapons for whatever the current situation calls for, but that's a bit difficult when you're under attack and need to add the upgrades to be able to defend yourself. Being able to have two tools, one with high powered weapons and one with decent scanning and mining abilities would be a nice addition.

I've had the problem of getting attacked while in a menu as well. You leave your non-existent body to go to the menu and a sentinel comes along and you can see it in the background taking shots at what looks like nothing. Not a good design feature.

I've never left the galaxy I started in, so going back is not an issue, but there were so many changes to the planets along the line, what you saw back then probably doesn't exist anymore.
D_B

Art Blade

Later it occurred to me what you mentioned now, that basically they changed the whole galaxy so my moon might be still there but it might now be a terrible place. Well.. There's a gazillion more planets and moons. It's likely that I'll find a new nice place.

Tags:
🡱 🡳