No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

ahhh completely forgot to look up the controller config if there is one. I played some last night, and had to run away from some pirates who wanted my circuit boards I was taking to the station to sell, otherwise I did some more exploring.

Then I wanted to play Wolfenstein II as I had brought home the backup of the new DLC to install and it wouldn't load my last save game.  :banghead: :banghead:

Actually my last two save games wouldn't load. So I had to go back even further to get one that loaded. But that was before the last big boss fight which I had to do over again, but at least this time I knew what to do and it was a bit easier.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

sounds like you had a real good time. :anigrin:

It is annoying if all of a sudden savegames don't w0#k anymore, like due to updates/changes. See No Man's Sky, mine worked but at the time were so borked, you had to point it out to me because I wouldn't have expected that.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I don't know what happened to those last two save games, it might be because I saved right before the last point of the game for the next cut scene, but you think that wouldn't matter. Anyway, I got through it again and into the ending of the game, and now I'm on the post-end-game stuff which is essentially side missions to assassinate Nazi officers. But I didn't play any NMS over the weekend as I didn't have a lot of time and that game takes time.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Back in NMS today for a bit. Finally got the recipe for the Atlas Pass v3 so I can now go back to the Artemis quest line and also continue making money to get a freighter. Just a few million more and I'll have enough for one of the cheap ones.

Came across this sweet alien multitool, and I was stumped why it was a "C" class but has better stats than my "A" class rifle?

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I didn't think until later I should have just bought it and changed the slot number in the save file editor. Oh well.

And of course, an NMS post isn't complete until there's a pic of a weird creature, so here it is.

D_B

Art Blade

That's a sweet alien gun you came across there, D_B. Crazy stats difference indeed. Pity it's gone now :(

$80m without cheating is pretty cool :thumbsup:

fragger

Yep, I struggled to get to 2 mill before I got sick of the grind  :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks guys, it's actually not too bad now that I'm farming stuff to sell.

Speaking of, here's my latest haul. I've been letting the game run while I do other things like laundry or watch TV. Every so often I harvest what's available and make circuit boards. Had 20 of them piled up and sold them all at once for a cool 25 million. Total space monies is now over 100 million. I think it's time to go freighter shopping.

D_B

Art Blade

wow, very nice :thumbsup:

You know, since you're not actively gaming and just letting the game run by itself, rather than spending real money on real electricity and wearing down your PC, you might as well add some game money using the savegame editor. ;)

However. I hope that you will find a nice freighter  O0

Dweller_Benthos

haha, I thought of that, and maybe once I get a "legit" freighter, I'll use the editor to add a zero or two on my total and buy a really good one.
D_B

Art Blade

fragger

Dweller_Benthos

Some more progress on the Artemis quest. I got to the point where you craft a special device, which is quite expensive, it takes one of my precious circuit boards among other things, and brought it to the hologram transmitter. Turns out that Artemis is dead and there's no way to get them back, so you then have to visit Nada and Polo and you can transfer their mind to a simulation or let them die for good. I transferred them and the quest continued. You then have to get in good standing with the various guilds (merchants, explorers, mercenaries, or Gek, Korvax, and Vy'keen) and they will give you information. You do this by doing missions for them from the guy in the station who gives quests. These are the usual things like, go get this item, go kill that animal, find this person, etc.

Aside from advancing the quest line, it's a good way to earn money. The payout from the first one was some weird doo-dads that paid off almost Ʉ150,000.

So I'm getting a decent amount of money and went looking at a freighter, still don't have quite enough though, and this is a cheap one.

Just a little over 10 million shy for this one.

I really want one of these, though. And you'd think after saving their asses from pirates, I'd get a discount, but this one still cost almost 300 million.

That's a lot of circuit boards.....
D_B

Art Blade

hehe, 300m credits is quite a bit. Considering how much time it took you to get just one third of that price. Well, probably a story for 2019. :anigrin: OR you buy a cheap one, and "fix" its "flaws" with the savegame editor :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

I was thinking that, or just add a zero to my units total. Might just do that. I'll see how making circuit boards goes for a bit before I do, though.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳