No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I am not sure but I think my pirate attacks occurred during build mode. However, pirates everywhere is the same as those blasted sentinels everywhere. The whole universe, not just some galaxies.

Dweller_Benthos

Build mode? Like while you were on a planet and building up your base? Weird. I've never seen pirates while on planet. I've even run away from them and they stop chasing when I hit atmosphere. Of course, they were still there when I left the planet, but I was ready by then or at least not wanting to do something else that I was in the middle of.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

see, I was in build mode to get away from all that and suddenly the game decides to put me on missions. That's when I quit

Dweller_Benthos

Really strange. Never had that happen.
D_B

Art Blade

it was when I happily and insouciantly started to build my first planet-based station. Then I had to find some scientists for each of a number of sort of workbenches, and that proved to be really annoying as it kept sending me around for clues and whatnot, it was not my intention to go on any mission whatsoever, particularly not when explicitly choosing build mode.

Dweller_Benthos

Oh yeah, getting the guys to occupy the research stations. That was a bit annoying, but once you're done with it, you can scrap the stations and be done with them. Not sure where they go, but they leave.
D_B

Art Blade

that reminds me. I first had a massive cargo ship, one of those XXXL inter-galactic freighters, and found out that I was able to build a base inside. Only I wasn't able to put a scientist or whatever those muppets are behind a desk. It only works planet-side. That is why I started on a planet. And then I kept getting jobs to do for them. BOLLOCKS.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, it's the equivalent of fetch quests in Skyrim, they are really only there to introduce you to the game and how to get around and find things.
D_B

Art Blade

It would have been alright if it hadn't been in build mode where everything is free and you don't need to find anything. I think it's ridiculous to ask a player to go find stuff that's already in their inventory and on top, in unlimited amounts.

Dweller_Benthos

You couldn't just turn in what you already had on you? Or were you using a mod to make build mode free?
D_B

Art Blade

I couldn't, they sent me to find stuff. Kind of a checkpoint rallye. And I don't have access to mods, only "your" savegame editor.

Dweller_Benthos

It's been a while so I forget how those quests worked out. But I do recall having to go someplace and get something.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Art Blade

well, we might be teaming up, after all O0 Looking good, quite interesting. I hope there are options for the online bit, like "friends only" or some such. I wouldn't want to end up getting blown to pieces by random idiot players out there.

Dweller_Benthos

Exactly, but then the universe is so vast meeting someone else randomly is unlikely, or so I hope.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳