No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

hehe, I should pay you a visit, they hate me. :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, stop by sometime. We'll go sentinel hunting.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

A-hunting we will go, a-hunting we will go... :gnehe:

Nice video, D_B :thumbsup: They appear to have improved the environmental effects since the last time I played, with those swirling clouds of snow and stuff. Looks great.

But yeah, what was with that imbecile and his 9/11 messages? What a complete tosser :angry-new:

Dweller_Benthos

I went back and it's no longer there, or the fact that there's so many message beacons there that the game only picks a couple dozen to show you and that's it. I couldn't find the one I left either, and all the other ones were different from the first time I was there. But just goes to show how stupid people can be, but then it is an online game.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

I haven't updated my No Man's Sky activities in a while, so figured I'd put up a new picture.

Found these guys on a barren planet while I was looking for a building needed for the latest community research project. A big flying teddy bear thing with sharp claws.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I'm outfitting my freighter as well, and plan on heading for the galaxy center soon, to complete the main story quest, if that's even possible.
D_B

fragger

lol @ that critter :anigrin: Why do I think "Macy's Day Parade" when I look at it? :gnehe:

It's a biggy alright, judging by the scale with the human figure near it (which is your good self, I presume).

Art Blade

a bit like a massive balloon, probably to scare kids of teddy bears.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that's my player on the ground next to it, so it's big for sure. But yeah they move around like a parade balloon, essentially motionless except for the furiously flapping wings.
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Changed my character again to use a new helmet I bought from the stuff available from the community events, looks more like a Star Wars stormtrooper now.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I'm trying to finish the Atlas storyline, and I keep getting distracted.
D_B

fragger

You do look a bit like a Stormtrooper :gnehe:

Are the bubbles drifting, floating, or falling like snow? Does the game give you any indication of what are they?

Dweller_Benthos

Some of the smaller bubbles drift slowly down I think, though I could just be remembering them seeming to move against the background when it was me moving. The larger ones are definitely stuck in place. There's no explanation as to what they are, beyond decoration. The rest of the planet is empty for the most part, no plants, animals or even rocks really. There are a couple small mineral types that are on every planet that give you the needed stuff to fix things, so you can't get stuck somewhere, but otherwise, it's an empty place.
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

They had an update this week called The Abyss, which enhances and expands the underwater stuff. The quest takes you to a liquid covered planet, I hesitate to say water, because the planet I went to had a ocean temperature of -90°F (-67°C) or so. Can't be water at that temperature, and about the only thing that comes close is Xenon, Radon or maybe Chlorine. So, the ocean is one of those, not something you'd want to swim in, I don't think.

Anyway, the update adds a new submarine to tool around underwater in, and a quest to follow to find what happened to the crew of a ship that crashed long ago. The video link is a 17 minute live stream of me getting used to the sub and finding an abyssal horror. Not a fun creature, and is immune to all my weapons, unless, as I thought later while watching the video, you have to shoot it when it's eye is open.

D_B

Dweller_Benthos

A couple more live stream videos. In this one, I get revenge on the eyeball worm guy, yes, shoot him when the eye is open, then collect the eye and sell it for profit! Also, a bit later, another type of Abyssal Horror shows up unexpectedly.

Then I find the crashed freighter I was looking for, raid some of it's cargo, then get in a fight with the sentinels on land because I killed a couple annoying crab mantis creatures.

D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳