Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

oh yes - "ding" - "Jeeves, bring more sherry please, there's a good butler" 

Yeah, that's what it looks like.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Jeeves probably also got one of those dangly things to pull on.

Dweller_Benthos

Bought another "S" class exotic ship. This one has the huge vertical fin on top that stays rigid, unlike the other one where it folds up during flight. Looks great parked on a planet:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Not so much when parked on my freighter though, lol:

Need a taller hangar bay, heh.
D_B

fragger

I guess that ship would be easy to spot when you're wandering around :bigsmile:

Those rolling ball creatures earlier were weird...

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the new "glitch" planets have all sorts of weird things going on.
D_B

Art Blade

D_B helping me with a base :)

BinnZ

So you found each other. Nice! :thumbsup:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

yes, it's actually surprisingly easy now.

Someone (me) starts a game that allows other people to join, and a friend (D_B) starts his game and selects a friend (me) from an in-game list and simply joins. And no "orbs" but the real player avatars are visible as depicted above. He told me that orbs are people who happen to be in the same galaxy without joining anyone's game.

The game still needs some updates, preferably a complete UI overhaul. Generally speaking, some things are overly complicated and not intuitive.

BinnZ

Hmm, that's a massive let-down. I remember us mesmerizing how it would be to go find each other, through real universe-navigation. Now it is nothing special to obtain, it's just a click and you join each other. Well, that is a good feature, but there's nothing romantic about it... not that I was looking for romances between the starts back then, but still
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

oh, and I already had switched off the light, lit some candles, and had roses and tea prepared..

Art Blade

While I posted the above, my game was running in the background. When I returned, some unknown player (indeed an orb) had landed next to my base and was busy walling me up. I literally was inside a rectangular tower he had been building with wooden walls. The really stupid thing is: if I had saved, anywhere, that wooden tower would have remained in my savegame. So I had to reload my save and by that, lose my progress (wasn't much) and that's when I quickly changed the online settings. The guy was still in the system and at my base but hehe, he couldn't build anything anymore. After quite some time and after buzzing his orb all across my screen, he left eventually.

Turns out that the settings for the game you start need to be revised every time you start your game.. I had it set to "friends only" regarding whatever activities, and when I checked because of that guy, it was set to "anyone." Which means I had to change the settings so that the trolling player was unable to do anything anymore except flying around.

By the way, you cannot play privately on your own anymore. It's either "allow others to join" or "join others."

DAMN this is annoying. :banghead:

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on January 05, 2019, 05:21:56 PMTurns out that the settings for the game you start need to be revised every time you start your game

Correction: Every time you LOAD a game, too  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Art Blade

something else that's weird: base building. There are elements that are supposed to snap to other elements, like in Fallout 4. They do. But. In my case, snapping a landing platform to a base structure like a corridor (some kind of tube you walk through) worked and it automatically created a door. I created three platforms, like an Ace of Clubs. Only one door worked, I couldn't walk through the other doors. No matter which side from, like from the corridor onto the landing platform or the other way around, as if my avatar was too tall. The weird thing is that they always snapped and created that door which means the game "thought" it worked while it didn't. :banghead: After countless retries by deleting and rebuilding corridor ends and snapping platforms to them, it finally worked. No logical explanation for that, just kind of random.

Something similar happened to stairs. I created two stories and the only way I could connect them was by using ladders (I didn't want that for esthetic reasons) or by a prefab flight of stairs. They were unwilling to snap to the ledge of the upper floor and when they finally did, the very last step was not aligned properly, it was perhaps just one inch taller than the rest, and the result was that I couldn't walk up that last step. I got stuck. And I couldn't get it to w0#k. Of course I was able to use my jetpack but that's not the point if I build stairs to WALK on, not to fly over them :banghead:

And there is that terrain "editor" which is part of that pistol (multi-tool) so you aim at the ground outdoors and either you shoot holes into the ground or you fill them up. The size of the impacting beam's end can be varied to some extent but it's very coarse. The result is like tossing hand grenades around and then filling small holes with truckloads of soil. Very clumsy, there are many games that did a way better job at level editing. :angry-new:

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on January 05, 2019, 06:37:53 PM
Correction: Every time you LOAD a game, too  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Well, it's not THAT bad. What I had experienced: I had reloaded a savegame several times and within that savegame were the settings to "anyone." After changing the settings and saving again, the settings stayed.

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Tags:
🡱 🡳