No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Dang, that's just broken :angry-new:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah there were .... issues. Art was miffed, I thought they were mostly amusing, $#!7 happens, you know? But I think the base issues were caused by me joining his game while he was modifying the base and not having it saved, so when I joined, I got the version of the base from his saved game, not what he was currently working on. Once we both restarted and he loaded the game and then I joined, it worked pretty well. I'm not saying that's an excuse, as it surely should w0#k better than it does, but it worked eventually.

As for personal ships not showing up on freighters, that has been happening since day one and a reload usually fixes it. Again, not an excuse, and it should w0#k better the first time, but it does eventually w0#k. Here's just hoping a future update fixes things.

The main cause of getting attacked by pirates outside the storyline missions is carrying valuable cargo. I always sell off the most valuable stuff before I leave a planet if at all possible. I rarely get a pirate attack and when I do, it tells you exactly what you are carrying that caused them to attack. Sure, it's a pain sometimes especially when you're in a ship that isn't upgraded, but usually you can fight them off or just ignore them and outrun them and park on the station and they will go away. Once you get a frigate fleet and have a combat frigate, they will call in the system police who will fight the pirates for you, again, just boost away from the battle until you're far enough to engage the jump engine and be on your way. There's also a mod to eliminate them completely. There's also the difference between a pirate attack and a fugitive. A fugitive will just be one ship and it will be marked with a wanted level, if you want to hunt them down and claim the bounty, you can, but otherwise you can ignore those. Pirates will attack in numbers and will contact you first. You can always choose to just pay them off and they will go away. Might be a bit difficult in early game but once you get a couple million in the bank, it's an easier alternative.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on October 22, 2017, 07:47:07 AMYou then have the option to activate the portal or get the address of the world you're on. This is the address of the world in my starter system, once you find a portal in the game, you can use this address to go there. I would imagine all you see that I was there is that I discovered the place and gave it a name.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I just visited that portal, it's still "your" planet :)

"Goldlandia Mushroomica" :anigrin:

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on December 09, 2017, 09:59:18 AM
OK. Here's a portal and the address of it in the 3rd (Calypso) Galaxy. Come armed, the sentinels will be waiting..

Portal address 01

Well, that was.. different. I got there, alright, but it was a "first contact" which means, it hadn't been discovered before. Not even by myself. Then, there were no base-building options, no galaxy map and the capital ship couldn't be summoned. The latter two because of "portal interference" ??? I suppose I'm not supposed to cross between galaxies. I couldn't leave the system other than by that portal, and it had no options to enter glyphs, either. Just a way back to the planet from where I came.

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

I don't think portals can go to different galaxies, but I could be wrong. I think you were just on the planet with that address in the galaxy you started in. At least I think that's how it works.

Here's the screenshot I shared with Art last night of a good sized dinosaur type creature. Yeah, they were big.

And for anyone wanting to build anything in their base or freighter without restrictions, do this:

Go to the folder you have NMS installed into, like:

steamapps\common\No Man's Sky\Binaries\SETTINGS

Go to the settings folder and open a file called "TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML" in a decent text editor like Notepad++, which will be easier to use than simple Windows Notepad, but that will w0#k too.

Find the setting:

<Property name="RemoveBaseBuildingRestrictions" value="false" />

Set it from false to true, save and close, run NMS and you should be able to build anything in any base you have. Worked for me on the freighter to build a save point and a teleporter.
D_B

Art Blade

+1 :thumbsup: for the base building tuning tip, thank you :)

Portal Glyphs and address range: I think you're right. In an almost endless amount of systems and planets within just one galaxy but a comparatively limited amount of planets within the galaxy that host those portals, it is manageable to address all those portals within the range of possible glyph combinations. It would be just too much to create single unique glyph combinations and thereby jump destinations for an entire universe. So yes, I think it is indeed limited to one galaxy and in my case, for some reason, the old glyph combination from the 3rd galaxy was valid within the first galaxy, too.

Art Blade

running from watchdogs

Those pesky little curs are out there, too!

Dweller_Benthos

Run Art, Run! haha that's funny.

I call these "The Breasts of Mechanical World"

Yeap, they are big.

I'm that wee little speck standing on top of the right one.

So I ran into the profanity filter or whatever they call it, when naming a system. I've been using the name that they have and adding a number after it to note how many systems I've been to. Well, I got to number 69 and it wouldn't let me use that number in the name. I had to spell it out and that was fine though. Go figure.
D_B

Art Blade

yeah, that silly profanity filter.. I wasn't allowed to call that one type of dangerous plant what it looked like. You know, that thing that looks like a rubber with a hole in the top that keeps inflating and then spewing green stuff.. anything that described what it looked like was too profane to be allowed. Alright. But to filter "69" is just ridiculous. :banghead:

Haha, wow, those breasts are funny and gigantic :)

And by the way, my pic was just suggesting what I wrote in my post while in reality I had just fed that animal and it had a smiley icon across its face. Then I was simply running down to my ship when I had the idea of using the photo option to capture that funny animal and at the time I just saw for the first time what running looked like. Playing around with the camera I noticed that at the right angle it looked as if chased by that thing and that's when I took the pic.. :gnehe:

fragger

Wow D_B, those are some seriously big - er, outcrops :gnehe:

They filtered out "69"? Really, we're censoring numbers now? They do realize that sometimes 69 is just the next number after 68, don't they? ::)

Context, Hello Games. Context.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I was surprised, I've seen videos where people name stuff all sorts of suggestive things, but never thought a simple number would get it flagged. But whatever. I named it Sixty-Niner instead.
D_B

Art Blade

just a side note:

Black Holes don't w0#k in creative mode. It's apparently meant that way.

Like the daily objectives (community research) don't allow "destruction" objectives, they're greyed out and it reads that they're not available in creative mode.

Dweller_Benthos

I can see the destruction quest being blocked, but why black holes? I thought, like I mentioned last night in chat, was that a hyperdrive jump is free, so black holes are useless, then I just realized that a black hole jump damages some of your equipment so maybe that doesn't mesh with creative mode?
D_B

Art Blade

it remains everyone's guess.. doesn't make sense to me, particularly because there's stuff in missions that I need to repair. Same goes for the starting location and your wrecked ship.

Tags:
🡱 🡳