Dweller_Benthos

Hurry up, Youtube!

Actually, it's still uploading.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I watched it just now. Nice hammerhead bashing :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah those guys are only annoying really, I have so many armor and health upgrades I can just stand there and shoot while they attack. It would take a while for them to whittle me down to actually taking damage. The only thing that kills me now is when I launch a grenade to close and get killed by friendly fire, lol. But you can see there if I time it right, when they are just emerging, one grenade takes out the whole swarm for 5 or 6 kills in one.

The other missions you can get are a mixed bag, there's the raid an outpost mission which isn't all that different than this one:

You get a location, go there, fight sentinels, destroy the storage depot, return. Even fighting sentinels for me now isn't hard, they can't do much damage to me as long as I don't just stand there.

The other missions are things like taming animals, building bases, stuff like that.
D_B

Art Blade

I enjoy those videos. :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks, I try to at least keep them entertaining and short-ish. I know I, for one, will watch videos/streams of a game I would never play, so here's hoping others think the same.
D_B

Art Blade

Here. I also like to watch videos of games I'd never play. After a while you even get the rules down :)

Dweller_Benthos

Finally got a decent video of taming and riding a creature, and a pretty cool one too, a dinosaur type sort of like a T-Rex:

Taming is a two-step process, you first have to toss out some feeding pellets to calm them down, then find out what food they like, which is listed in the details view when you look at them with your analyzer tool, then make that food, then feed it to them. If they are ride-able, you'll get the prompt to ride them, if not, you get the prompt to harvest some type of material from them like honey or milk, or something. Once you start riding them, you can "suggest" a direction to go, but they kind of wander a bit, and some creatures take direction cues better than others. Then I tried to get him to attack the other little annoying crab like creatures that keep attacking me, but that didn't w0#k. Also tried to get him to run into the water but he refused. Then after I get off, you can see me toss some food to the little crab guys who would normally attack, but feeding them makes them friendly for a bit, and as you can see, attracts a bunch of other guys too.

I've also been (re)building my base, I think I'm about done with this one, my original:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I moved things around a bit, and added the building in the back, filled the terrain holes left over from trying to get rid of the grass with some paving blocks and tidied things up a bit.

Then, while doing a community mission, I came across this moon, and it was so cool I had to build a base there:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

This is actually built on one of the rock pillars you can see in the background. Just a small base to hold a landing pad and a teleporter, and it's own "skywalk" style room jutting off the end of the landing pad, suspended over the edge. It has a glass floor so you can look down past your feet and windows to see all around.
D_B

Art Blade

very nice :) I liked the video and that you can ride huge things like that. Your base looks good, too O0

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks, I keep fiddling with options on the base, when the mood strikes me. The new one on the giant pillar kind of made itself, when I realized I'd started it too close to the edge lol.
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

A quick video of riding a really big dino:

Bigger than my ship, lol. Too bad these guys are almost always on harsh environment planets.
D_B

Art Blade

cool. :thumbsup: Looks as if jumping off it caused fall damage, so big :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that's quite a distance to drop. I should have hit the jet pack for an instant to slow down but it's not that big a health hit. I have so many health upgrades that it really takes a lot to do me damage, like when I accidentally shoot one of my own grenades and it bounces off something and comes back to me.
D_B

Art Blade

yep.. always great when that happens. "What?! NOOoonononoNONONOOO.." BANG! "..oh well, I knew it." :anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳