No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Sometimes I don't even have a chance to react, like when I think I'm opening the inventory to a machine I'm standing in front of, only hitting the grenade button instead of the open inventory button and essentially shooting myself in the face with a grenade. I don't know why I do that, the two buttons are completely different, grenades are on the right mouse button and open inventory is space bar, so I'm not sure why I walk up to something and hit right mouse but I do now and then. The most common reason for my deaths in the game is self-inflicted grenades. I can't recall the last time I died to something else. Maybe in a space battle a long time ago lol.

The biggest issue is that the middle mouse is used for too many functions, you use it to pick up some machines and it also changes from force field to grenades, so if you pick up a machine, you have to remember to set your gun back to force field because it just got set to grenades when you picked up that machine.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I understand. I don't like to use the middle mouse button for multiple things, only for something that isn't dangerous. Like, scroll for zoom or change weapons, never click. At best only when it's bound to something that only works within menus without causing anything silly.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah it's a bit of a bummer and I don't think you can rebind that one, I'd have to look. I know rebinding some of the things makes other things not w0#k, like rebinding the menu keys for scrolling menus in some cases also makes the scroll wheel not w0#k in those menus. The only thing that's really dangerous about it is firing grenades, I might have to see if I can rebind just that.
D_B

Art Blade

sounds like a good idea :bigsmile: I hope it works

Dweller_Benthos

I just need to remember do it lol
D_B

Art Blade

next time I see you online I'll ask :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

You did and I did, changed the keybind for swapping weapons to something I shouldn't hit accidentally.
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

New update today, ship customization, FINALLY!

https://www.nomanssky.com/synthesis-update/

You'll also be able to scrap any ship you have for money and parts. I don't think you'll be able to mix and match parts on a ship to build your own, so to speak, the customization is mostly about adding tech and storage space, and upgrading the tier. I also hope you'll be able to paint them too.

Also be able to carry multiple weapons, which will be nice, have one that has all the scanner upgrades but not much in the way of weapon add ons, and one that has no scanner but so many weapon upgrades that it's a beast.

Bunch of other updates that are cool as well, but those are the ones I like the most.
D_B

Art Blade

???

??? ???

??? ??? ???

OK, who bought their company?

Art Blade

I just read there, "First Person Exocraft" which I appreciate a lot. I never used those stupid things because I couldn't control them well in 3rd person. O0

Dweller_Benthos

The thing with the exocraft that I don't like is the look-dependent steering, in other words, it steers where you look, not by any separate steering mechanism. I like to look around while I drive forward, and you can't do that with them. But I've got the hang of it a bit now.

And, still no way to re-paint your ship, bummer. You can add storage space and upgrade it's tier, but that's about it. You can bring in a ship and scrap it for money and upgrade tech, so if you find crashed ships that makes them worthwhile. I've been ignoring crashed ships because they have no use to me otherwise. I have the six ships you're allowed so I can't even pick one up if I want. But if I want to start scrapping ships I need to get rid of one.

Here's some silly creature pics for your amusement:

Really, these guys give bumblebees a run for their money:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tamed this guy just so I could ride him. Turns out I sunk into his back so you almost can't see me.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
D_B

Art Blade

lol, nice pics, especially the bumbledinosaurs :D I wonder, can you tame those and then fly rather than walk them around?

No paint jobs.. no wing nor hull nor cockpit customisation.. bummer, indeed. :(

Dweller_Benthos

As far as I know, you can't tame any flying creature, so no flying around on a giant dinosaur bumble bee.

From what I've read on reddit, the data miners on the game updates have found menus or something that hints at ship customization, so it may still be in the works, they might just need to figure out how to implement it. Some players cry that if you can just build the ship you want and make it look all cool, that will take the fun out of hunting for the one you want. Others say they don't have the time or the exact configuration doesn't exist or is super rare or in the wrong color, so building your own ship makes it possible to get exactly what you want. Whether it will actually happen is another thing. Customizing parts would be really cool, but I just really want to be able to paint it a different color. You can change the colors and markings of exocraft, so why not ships too?
D_B

Art Blade

yes, indeed..

"We programmed an algorithm for procedural ship design but we have absolutely no idea how the algorithm puts the colours on."

:anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳