No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

that's an impressive amount of views in a comparatively short amount of time, man :thumbsup: :)

As to the Easter egg, even I didn't realise it was there but that may have been because I was quite tired at the time I watched it. I still noticed spelling mistakes though :D

fragger

First thing that sprang to my mind when I saw that ship (the screenie D_B posted) was a War of the Worlds martian :gnehe: From the original novel, that is.

Dweller_Benthos

It's been a long time since I read the War of the Worlds book, but yeah, that does kind of fit what I remember of the description.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

It's been a while since I posted a screenshot, so here's another funny one of riding a creature. Usually underwater creatures aren't ride-able as they are considered "flying" at least underwater, but sometimes you get these crab-like creatures scuttling along on the sea floor and they can be tamed and ridden. Only when you ride them, you don't so much sit on them as stand on them and "fly" along with arms outstretched. Looks a bit funny.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
D_B

Art Blade

that is a very nice screenshot in itself, and indeed, the "riding" is funny :)

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Welp, all my mods are about to break, but hey, MECH SUIT! LOL

https://www.nomanssky.com/exo-mech-update/
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

So far a couple of my mods are working, the simple ones anyway. More testing to be done. But the thing that doesn't w0#k, sort of, is my mouse. When the game first starts, the mouse only moves down and to the right. Can't move up and to the left, so you get stuck in the lower right corner of the screen. Alt+Tab to the desktop and moving the mouse there fixes it after alt+tab back to the game, but that's a bit annoying.
D_B

Art Blade

well, what do you expect.. this game is still pre-release, isn't it?

(LOL)

Dweller_Benthos

You wonder sometimes....

But all my mods except one worked and that's been updated already, so there's something anyway. It just takes a quick double alt+tab to get the mouse working, and I reported it to their bug tracker, so maybe a hotfix will take care of it.
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Small update yesterday fixed the mouse issue, so that's something anyway.

I haven't had time to fool around with the new mech suit stuff yet, I have to collect a bunch of salvage modules first to get the blueprints for everything. There's also the fact that now you don't get environment protection by getting in an exocraft anymore, you have to build a module for the craft first to protect against specific hazards. That's kind of annoying, and a lot of people complain about it.
D_B

Art Blade

that's like buying a car and then having to build the engine. It's utter nonsense.

Dweller_Benthos

Adding the protection modules isn't a huge deal, they just take up inventory space and since I don't use them to store stuff, that's not a big deal. Honestly I only use the one anyway, the motorcycle style one, the rest just sit there. I'm not in a huge rush to build the new mech suit either, but it does have built in hazard protection, which is strange.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳