No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

fragger

Yep, they're different. What you get if you cross a tiger, a bear and a Triceratops :gnehe:

Weirdest animals I ever saw were these things that looked like ten-foot-tall rabbits walking on their hind legs but with arms hanging almost to the ground. They walked like Jar-Jar Binks :gnehe: I'd just gotten out of the ship when one walked right in front of me and gave me a literal jump-scare ??? Fortunately they were harmless.

Dweller_Benthos

Dang those sound really interesting!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

I think I called them "Bunnyrillas" because of their big long sticky-uppy ears and long low-hanging arms :gnehe: Except their faces were more dog-like than rabbit-like.

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

It's been a while since I posted a picture here, the game has had a few updates and one thing they added during the living ship update was random encounters in space. One type will be an upgrade to your living ship you can collect, which is what I'm looking for, some are just a random alien to trade with, or help fix their ship, and some are other strange occurrences. Here's one of the more impressive ones I think, called "Grave of the ocean king" it's a giant skull floating in space. The thing is huge:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Even then it's hard to get a scale of the thing, you can fly right through it's open mouth with plenty of room to spare:

You get a reward of an ancient skeletal part you can then sell. To give a bit more perspective, here's the ship floating as close as I could get to one of the holes left behind when one of it's teeth fell out:

So yeah, it's big. Other objects you encounter might also give a treasure if you interact with them in some way, some by calling on the radio, others by just flying close, or others when you shoot the object. Just another thing they added to make a warp trip between planets a little more interesting, as that is admittedly the more tedious part of the game.

The most recent update added crossplay between PC and console editions of the game, so now you encounter Xbox and Playstation players when at the Space Anomaly hub, and I suppose at random out in the universe, but that is still so rare it's almost a non-event, if you don't specifically go to a hub world or the Anomaly, you're probably not going to see another player ever.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

New update is out, "Desolation":

Welp, looks like I need to update my mods again, lol!
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Version 3.0 "Origins" is out. Looks like a huge update.

https://www.nomanssky.com/origins-update/

One word: Sandworms.
D_B

fragger

And space jellyfish!

Looking at the list of updates, there is a ton of new features and improvements. I especially like the look of the cloud decks when flying.

The game has certainly come a long way from its "origins" :gnehe:

I might have to take another look at it soon, even though (for me) it might mean starting all over again - again. Maybe when my current 'thru of FO4 is over.

Art Blade

I even uninstalled the game some time ago..

Dweller_Benthos

I didn't get a lot of time to do much in it yesterday, but the system I was in and had already explored all the planets suddenly had two new planets to explore. One was volcanic and you can imagine it was hot there. Even when it didn't have furious firestorms going on, which was most of the time heh. The fish now behave more like fish, swimming in schools and moving in unison like fish do, but there was still some of those funny swimming elephant creatures who swam faster than they should be able to, lol. Didn't see any volcanoes though, but everything was all glowing and just hot looking.

I'll probably do more exploration this weekend and I'm curious to see what has become of the couple planets I have bases on, some of which I haven't been back to in months or even a year or more. I saw an interview with Sean Murray and he said they wanted to keep already explored planets in tact as much as possible, so the landscape should be the same, just that most of the creatures there will be listed as "extinct" and there will be new creatures to find. If anything cool comes up, I'll post some screenshots.

Oh, and of course, all my mods broke, as expected, one was already updated though, which was nice.
D_B

PZ

I wish more games were upgraded like this

Art Blade

I hope that all your mods get updated, and soon O0

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the mods are a bummer but expected, the main one if the person who did it last doesn't update soon, I can do myself, I'd just rather someone else took the hassle, hehe.
D_B

Art Blade

that's at least something, being able to fix it yourself if you have to. Better than nothing O0

Tags:
🡱 🡳