No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah just waiting on the decompiler, which might take a while.

And now for a screenshot dump, oh and for some reason, even though I have vignette turned off, it still appears in screenshots:

Went exploring some of the planets around my bases. My main base hasn't changed much, the planet still has plentiful grass and nice weather, no sentinels, but all the creatures have changed. Instead of the hopping blobs from before it's all pretty standard creatures. So nothing exciting to see there. I went to one of my other bases and looked around the planets in that system, which have all changed, even the system was considered "new" and I "discovered" it when I teleported to my base there. Here's a shot from the base itself:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

For reference this is what it used to look like:

And here's a shot from on the valley floor looking back up at the pillar the base is built on, you can see the observation room sticking out over the edge:

Then I went on to one of the neighboring planets and found one of the new mega structures:

These things are mammoth, think of them as the size of the space stations only on the ground. To get a better idea of the scale of these, here's a photo merge of three screenshots to get it all in one shot, look at the bottom for my character and ship on the landing pad for an idea of the scale:

They have the usual stuff you'd find on a trade platform and some stuff you'd find in a space station, but this is new, an information kiosk that will sell you a map to a new location:

Inside the main tower is a console that you have to be on good relations with the ruling species in the system in order to access:

It gives you a bit of story, I would expect they will add stuff to these eventually. There is also a kiosk to turn in salvaged items like the ones you find in ancient ruins.

Then onto another planet that had some strange new creatures:

Yep that is a living tractor tire or something. You can feed it and it will follow you around, but alas, you can't ride it.

Then there was this tentacle monster that lives in the ground. You don't see anything more than the tentacles reaching out of the ground. Apparently, according to it's info page, each tentacle is a single organism so this is a cluster of several of them.

So, some new stuff to look at and explore, but after all is said and done, it's essentially still the same game, there's just a bit more to see and do. I imagine starting a new game would make it a bit more exciting to see all the new stuff as you encounter it.

Oh yeah, there's now a "scrap dealer" on space stations who in the previous update sold you the coordinates of the abandoned freighters you can loot. Well, he now also sells "black market" weapon upgrades. They are X class (making the list now C, B, A, S, and X) that give a random boost to an attribute of a random weapon type. I've yet to buy more than one as they are a bit expensive in that you buy them with the blood of dead sentinels and I have a bit of that but not a huge amount. For instance, there are some modules he sells for 14-15,000 units of the stuff.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

Cool screenies, D_B :thumbsup: That megastructure looks pretty big, all right. In that last pic, those eggy things remind me of the face-hugger eggs in Alien. If you get close to one and it opens up, don't stick your face in it, heh. It also looks like you found Cthulhu half-buried in the ground. Better not get too close to him either :gnehe:

Some interesting new things there, indeed. Any changes to the ship cockpit visuals?

Art Blade

yep, nice screenies, Dweller :) And an interesting read, too :thumbsup:

nex

Nice screenshots D_B  O0
Lots and lots of weird-looking things, if your skin takes a long time to heal like mine
then you should steer clear of them. They look very hungry  ???  ;D
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

I'll echo the "nice pics" comments D_B  :thumbsup:

The landscape sure appears to have changed quite a bit.

That tractor wheel thing looks almost like the bucket line on the old gold dredges.

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks guys! I've been looking at some of my bases and for the most part, the planets are essentially the same as they were, just some minor differences there and there. I haven't been to all of them yet though. There are a few strange things though, on one planet, I scanned a bunch of creatures and in the discovery directory, they were all listed as extinct, even though they were running around right in front of me, so not sure what that's about, there were other creatures listed there that I hadn't found yet, so probably an artifact of the conversion to the new system.

To answer Fragger's question, no changes to ships, that was done a few updates back when they added VR, to make the scale feel right.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Landed on a planet that was categorized as "worm infested" or something similar. I guess it was, and they could fly:

There were two types of these flying butterfly worm creatures, and a large worm type creature in the ocean and the huge sandworm type that I didn't see long enough to get a picture of.

Was doing a community event the other day with another person and it was on a stormy planet, and the wind was so powerful it would pick you up and toss you around in the air, like you were in a tornado. Definitely a new experience.
D_B

Art Blade

that sounds fun and the pic looks nice :thumbsup:

Dweller_Benthos

Halloween update is out:

https://www.nomanssky.com/2020/10/halloween-update/

More combat on wrecked freighters, a new spooky monster head for your character if you wish, and regrettably, another new currency to keep track of, tainted metal. You find it on wrecked freighters and spend it at the scrap dealer who previously took pugneum, or sentinel blood if you want to give it a real name. I haven't been in one of the new spookier freighters yet, as of course, the update broke my mods so I'm waiting on updates before I do too much in it. Looks like though, the combat on freighters is more intense, as the last time I was on one, the aliens there just ran away and didn't pose any threat. So that will be interesting.
D_B

Art Blade

what to say.. "good luck," I guess?

Dweller_Benthos

Turns out my mods all still w0#k, they just got turned off by the update. Still haven't gotten around to raiding a freighter, maybe this weekend lol
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Dweller_Benthos

New update, called "Companions" just out, you can now tame, collect, and I guess breed animals as pets.

https://www.nomanssky.com/companions-update/

Haven't tried it yet, didn't have a lot of time to fiddle with it last night and of course my mods, well two of them, no longer worked. One updated already but the other is done by a lazy person (me) who hasn't updated it yet. In my defense, the mod unpacker isn't out yet, so I have an excuse.
D_B

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳