No Man's Sky

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 11, 2017, 05:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

That's cool  :thumbsup:

Having pets in games seems to becoming more popular.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah it's pretty neat, tamed one of the dinosaur looking creatures and had it follow me around. There are a few options to have them do stuff and you can add stuff to them that changes their look. You can have up to six, but I think only one will be active at a time. When you're not using them, they go .... somewhere, I guess lol. You can call them from the menu just like any of your star ships, so I expect you can have ones with different abilities to use when you need them.

Don't know how much I'll fool around with it, but it was kind of fun having it follow me around the space station with the other players and their pets as well.

Now I just need to update my mod and I'll be all set. The decompiler is supposedly updated so I'll have to grab that and get that made.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Finished the latest expedition and the reward is a tie-in to the new update to Mass Effect, you can get the Normandy as a frigate in your fleet:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The specs are impressive off the bat:

It's essentially a top-tier frigate which usually takes quite a lot of missions for a ship to achieve. Some of my S-class frigates have been on 400-500 missions to get top tier so it's a pretty good ship. You can't land on it unfortunately, so you can't look around like you can the other frigates, which also might mean it can't take damage on a mission, because there would be no way to land on it and repair it. I'll send it out on a mission or two, but for the most part, I haven't done frigate missions in ages.

I like how under the notes it says "Needs aquarium" I wonder if that's an in- joke for the Mass Effect game? I've never played it so I don't know, I'll have to ask a friend who is currently on his first in the new edition but probably 3rd or 4th playthrough on the original games.
D_B

PZ

Nice reward!  O0

It will be interesting to do open world experimentation to see what it can do  :evil2:

Dweller_Benthos

The frigate missions are the type where you pick the ships for a particular mission, and give them supplies then they head off and do their thing. As long as your "fleet rating" (the total points for all the ships on the mission) is higher than the difficulty rating of the mission, they come back undamaged with loot. It's a pretty simple system and after I had a bunch of frigates up to S class, didn't do it much after that. If the ships don't have the points or are even below the difficulty rating, they may get damaged which you have to fix or even destroyed on a mission. I've never had that happen, you'd have to send a raw untested ship on it's own on a medium to hard mission to have that happen I think. I've only a few times even had them come back with damage as I usually send a fleet that is well overpowered for the mission it's on, so they usually come back with so much loot I don't have the room for it.
D_B

PZ

Those missions sound kinda cool. I like options in a game in which you can start something, let it run it's course, and then reap the rewards (or lose your pants)  :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

New update "Prisms"

New graphics (which do look good on the new system, I must say) and more animals you can tame and some of them can be ridden. Like the ones I posted about a little while ago, the "truck tire"  one and other strange animals can now be tamed. Also a glimpse at a new mechanic (not mentioned in the video) having to do with space stations, a lot of speculation on what it might be, but there's a new console in them that you can apparently take control of the station somehow? Might be interesting.

Also, and finally one feature that I've been waiting for is the ability to transfer the base construction you have done in your freighter to a new one you buy. I've passed on so many nice freighters because I didn't want to tear down & rebuild everything inside it, but now when I find a nice freighter I like I'll be able to just move in with all my stuff in place.
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on June 03, 2021, 09:14:49 AM
New graphics (which do look good on the new system, I must say) and more animals you can tame and some of them can be ridden. Like the ones I posted about a little while ago, the "truck tire"  one and other strange animals can now be tamed. Also a glimpse at a new mechanic (not mentioned in the video) having to do with space stations, a lot of speculation on what it might be, but there's a new console in them that you can apparently take control of the station somehow? Might be interesting.
The graphics do look really good  :thumbsup: I liked that pink dragon-like animal the character was riding. Being able to fly is always an advantage in just about every game I have played.

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on June 03, 2021, 09:14:49 AM
Also, and finally one feature that I've been waiting for is the ability to transfer the base construction you have done in your freighter to a new one you buy. I've passed on so many nice freighters because I didn't want to tear down & rebuild everything inside it, but now when I find a nice freighter I like I'll be able to just move in with all my stuff in place.

That is a really good benefit, and one similar is in my current game. In my case, weapons are upgraded consuming resources that are found in the world. The developers introduced a patch which now allows one to "degrade" weapons thereby salvaging the components which can be applied to other weapons. That was a huge improvement because one can now experiment to your heart's content. The freighter base construction feature seems to be similar, and just as welcome.  :thumbsup:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I can't wait now to find a freighter I want and switch over!
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

OK, bit of a milestone here, 1,000 hours played:

Don't know if that's good or bad, but there it is, haha.
D_B

PZ

Wow, D_B  :thumbsup:

I've not played anything in a week or two

Art Blade

dweller, that's impressive :thumbsup: :)

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks, guys! Though I think Art has much more time in a few games, lol!
D_B

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳