nex

I got to wondering where the big guy was carrying all those unconscious guys to
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

especially when he got so many he had to use a wheelbarrow :D

nex

Art Blade

One of the best relatively short Isle of Man TT ("Tourist Trophy") videos I've come across. The TT is a road/street motorcycle race around the island and the non plus ultra for every crazy rider.

PZ

Cool high speed riding in that video.

Not on the same scale of course, but today I took my STI out for the first time this year. Our road to the main highway is a small country road with lots of curves and ups-and-downs. The speed limit is 30 mph, which is not unreasonable for a regular car. However, in the STI I was driving at 60 mph today, and it felt no more dangerous than when driving my truck at 30 mph. Not surprising though, the STI is a street legal rally car.

I love driving fast cars.

Art Blade

I'd yet have to come across anyone who claims to love driving slow cars :gnehe:

PZ

Except maybe my father - he loved to follow semi trucks because they were slow. This irritated my mother so much she nearly always drove. As you probably recall, she was German, and as such had a bit of a high spirited temper, much like I do. I guess I get it from her, certainly not from my father.  :gnehe:

nex

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Something like this PZ?

PZ

Yeah! But that hatchback style never caught on in the U.S., and it is not available here any longer. People seemed to like the sedan the best, and I tend to agree  :thumbsup:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

pedestrians gotta love that car, particularly that front "bumper" when they get their feet chopped off by it in an otherwise simple accident :gnehe:

nex

fragger

You'd never get that car over the speed-bumps in my neighbourhood with that cow-catcher at the front :gnehe:

Art Blade

actually you might.. by flipping over it. Like pole vault.. :gnehe:

fragger

I really enjoyed that IOM TT video, Art :thumbsup: Some wonderful footage there. Those places where they get airborne... whoa.

I'm glad the video didn't dwell on accidents, like so many IOM clips do. It only showed one. It's nice to see the focus on the skill and excitement for a change instead of the downside.

Art Blade

cheers :)

I watched so many videos about and around the TT that I have lost count now, many of which indeed even focussed on accidents. However, when that particular video popped up on my list, it was a blast watching it. I recognised quite many scenes so apparently it's a cleverly edited video composed of snippets from various videos available on the net. I even liked the music in it, which is not always the case in those kind of videos, to put it mildly. All in all, I was stunned and had to post it here. :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳