Short Video Clips (from Youtube, etc)

Started by fragger, March 13, 2017, 07:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

sounds as if you were afraid of yours.. :-X

nex

Not at all, at least I'm told I look about 10-15 years younger than what I really am
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Old ladies don't look as old now that I'm old.

fragger

Yeah, funny that. Must be a relativity thing :anigrin:

fragger

Ever heard of the game Carrom? I hadn't, until now. I stumbled across this randomly on You Tube, looks like a fun game.

Art Blade

looks like billiard after a steam roller treatment

nex

A similar game to Carrom is Finger Billiards or Finger Bakatel
The board setup and rules are a bit different though, my dad made one for us when
I was a kid and I made one about two years ago.
Nice find fragger, strange how they "shoot" the striker, the striker we use has an indentation on one
side in the middle of the piece to enable you to flick it with one finger

PZ

Interesting looking game, and way more space effective than a regular pool table  :gnehe:

Art Blade

I'm not sure whether mentioning a snooker table is a good idea or not but I'll do it anyway. :anigrin:

PZ

I forgot all about snooker - haven't heard that term in years

Art Blade

I suppose it's way more often to be found in the UK than in the USA, if at all :)

fragger

That looks interesting nex, cheers :thumbsup: I'll have to look up the rules. I might have a go at making one of those myself some time. Did you make you own pieces as well?

I like snooker, Art. It's a much more interesting and challenging game than pool I think, especially on those big tables.

A "standard" pool table size is roughly 8 ft by 4 ft; a snooker table is approx. 12 ft by 6 ft. A billiards table is in between, about 10 ft by 5 ft.

Many people seem unaware that billiards is a different game altogether from either pool or snooker. I've heard some people refer to snooker as billiards and I'll have be a bore and correct them :gnehe:

Art Blade

I love watching those snooker tournaments. The most recent one was one of the longest ever. :)

nex

I would have liked to have made my own pieces fragger, but at the time when I made the game board
I didn't have a wooden lath but was lucky to find a set of pieces at a $p@rts Shop.
The board is roughly 800mm (32") square and basic Pool rules is what we used, in contrary to Carrom
the Queen or Black ball as in Pool may only be put away after you've pocketed all your pieces,
and you may only shoot your striker from within the halve moon circle.

When I was at the Airport Fire Dept we had two Snooker tables and two Dart boards, the two games I
liked the most. Not because I'm bragging or anything, but playing snooker almost daily for hours on end I
became quit good at it. One of my colleagues and I held the record for finishing a game in 18 minutes. 

PZ

It is cool to read about how you gents spend your spare time  :thumbsup:

Tags:
🡱 🡳