Short Video Clips (from Youtube, etc)

Started by fragger, March 13, 2017, 07:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

It's weird. It only draws questions. About human behaviour. When I saw the guy standing on the stairs turning round I thought; "*bleep*, he's gonna jump down, headbutt the stairs" but instead he bows.
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

I never heard of this, but in times of plastic soup, it's a rather controversial solution for a range of problems. Check out the shade balls:

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I've seen other things on that before, I think there's also a problem with them, but I forget what it is, either they don't w0#k as good as they say or there's another side effect of them.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I tried to find the problem(s) you mentioned but I only found one statement that a thermal layer might help grow bacteria.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I couldn't find it either, but I do recall there being something that didn't w0#k right or caused an issue, maybe they fixed that. I'm pretty sure it was on a TV show, who's name I don't recall right now, but it's about things viewed from space and they have people discuss what it is and why. It's called something like What on Earth or similar.
D_B

fragger

I knew about the balls, but I didn't know some kind of problem with them had appeared. Maybe some long-term effect which they hadn't anticipated.

On a slightly related subject (unusual lakes, I guess), there are about ten known lakes in Australia which turn a vivid pink colour due to some kind of micro-organisms or algae which thrive in waters with high salt concentrations. I understand there is one such lake in Mexico also, may be others in the world that I don't know about.

[spoiler text=lake hillier on an island off the coast of western australia]
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
[/spoiler]
What distinguishes Lake Hillier from other "pink lakes" is that even if you put some of its water into a clear container, it retains its pink colour. Lake Hillier's water is apparently the only example of such which exhibits this property.

Art Blade

BinnZ

I mentioned Hans Teeuwen in the Political Climate topic and here's an example of a show he did in London. He's crazy, moving in and out sanity I'd say. I find it very good, but I can understand others find it weird, or not interesting.

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

what drives me absolutely crazy is when the sound is not in sync with the motion picture. I couldn't stand it anymore after half of it which was when he began to sing. By that time, I was already heavily irritated by that dissonant tinkling he was torturing out of the grand piano.. I felt like whipping him off the stage and nailing him to the wall with his tongue stapled to his forehead before setting him on fire.

His stuff is really not my thing. I think I need to go into a soundproof room now and scream for a little while.

UAAAaaargh

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

what is even worse:

Now I keep getting Hans Teeuwen videos recommendations in my YouTube right hand side suggested videos list.

Dweller_Benthos

I'd have to agree with Art, that sort of random plinking away and scat type vocals is definitely not my thing.

Art, for your sanity, definitely do NOT look up anything by Sun Ra Arkestra, it will drive you insane. Just imagine the same thing as this video only with about 10 people all playing different instruments at the same time in different beats and tempos along with random vocals over the top. It's called "free form jazz" and as mentioned on the Simpsons, "Even God hates jazz".  :'(
D_B

Art Blade

thanks, buddy :anigrin:

When talking with people about what kind of music we like, I usually mention that I like (among other things) jazz and I almost always add, "but not that free jazz stuff!" lol

mandru

Quote from: Art Blade on June 21, 2019, 05:30:27 AM
what is even worse:

Now that's an amusing thought.

Post a Youtube link to some weird topic like "Moe Anime Lolis" and anyone who opens it will have their viewing suggestions spammed with annoying dreck for an indeterminate period of time.  :main_rofl:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Tags:
🡱 🡳