Short Video Clips (from Youtube, etc)

Started by fragger, March 13, 2017, 07:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I was thinking something along those lines, too :D

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Better watch that 1,000 years claim, buddy, that sort of thing can come back to bite you....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

it will be hard to keep him alive long enough. :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

The way things usually go, he won't have to wait even until the end of a normal human lifespan.
D_B

Art Blade

:D like the previous bridge, it only lasted "half a century"

fragger

1,000 years? Dunno about that...

Anyway, saying things like that is uncomfortably like tempting fate. Like when you go around saying your new ship is unsinkable... Fate has a tendency to rise to that sort of challenge.

Art Blade

PZ

fragger

I didn't know if I should put this here or on the FO4 board, but decided to put it here since it's more a kind of documentary about a game and not actually a gameplay video.

It's quite well done I think, the first part of a series apparently (it's been around for a few years already). It's all about the historical concepts behind the Fallout game world. Quite a bit of thought went into the game's background story (well, I sort of gathered that already from playing FO4, even though that is the only FO game I've played). The depth of the conceptualization behind the premise is one of the things that draws me to the game.

Art Blade

fragger

I've been watching the series, there are separate episodes focussing on the Vaults, the Super Mutants, the Brotherhood of Steel, etc. I think the series was made before FO4 came out as it references stories, incidents and characters from the earlier games but nothing about FO4 stuff. It's cool anyway to learn about the histories of those groups and factions, including ones I haven't heard of (like "The New California Republic", never having played those earlier games) and their back-stories. It's quite the history lesson, and the detail in the back-stories is surprisingly deep. In fact I never realized just how much back-story there was, it's epic :thumbsup:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah and every time Bethesda comes out with a new Fallout game, they ignore all the backstory and do whatever the heck they want to the constant irritation of the "lore" fanboys. The X-01 armor in FO4 being the main thing they grind against since it shouldn't exist according to the story line from the previous games. It wasn't invented until after the war and only on the west coast. Or something like that.
D_B

Art Blade

yep, I too came across a few of those discussions related to lore and how things don't make sense from a chronological point of view.

I only played the predecessor FO3, then FO4, nothing else (well, there's FO Vegas that I got late for almost nothing but I never really played beyond the first mission..) so I'm not exactly familiar with the lore. And I don't much care, really :anigrin:

fragger

I can sort of see that with my limited knowledge of what has gone before, having watched the first six episodes - the X0-1 PA being a case in point :anigrin: Still, it's interesting for me, not being a long-term aficionado of the series, to learn about the evolution of the story, convoluted though it may be, and get some inkling of how these factions and so on came about. I think enough of it hangs together in the broader sense to provide a sufficient grasp of overall premises.

My, but there is a lot of "lore" there... The episodes are all between about 7 to 12 minutes long, but there appears to be at least 4 "seasons" of them with at least 8 or 9 episodes in each season ??? Having a quick skim of the episodes, it does get around to FO4 in the 4th season, probably because 4 came out while they were still making the series.

I'm finding it quite entertaining.

Tags:
🡱 🡳