fragger

Here's one for GTA V fans. Short, but clever:

Art Blade

BinnZ

Indeed  O0

So funny how the guy suddenly gets the bumper :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

fragger

I like how all the packs of money fly out and bounce around whenever he belts someone :anigrin:

fragger

This is kind of cool too, a computer-animated size comparison of various open-world game maps. Which game has the largest map? The answer may surprise you - and in a big way (pardon the pun):

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Didn't realize FC2 was so much bigger than FC3, interesting. Also, no Fallout 4?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

Yeah, that took me by surprise too. I think maybe FC3 just felt bigger than FC2 because its landscape was 100% accessible, whereas FC2 had a lot of big rock formations, small mountains and no-go areas that you couldn't get through or over, so you had to go around.

I don't know whether that makes any sense or not... :huh-new:

I think this video may have been made before Fallout 4 was released, or they didn't have time to incorporate it (the clip was uploaded in December, 2016, but it may have been put together well before then). There is no FC4 map either, but I'm pretty sure it's roughly equivalent to FC3 in size. Feels about the same anyway.

BinnZ

I was impressed by the size of the Fuel map, although I knew that back then it was the largest game world ever made.
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

it was at the same time very boring. Essentially, you couldn't go cross country like you would have wanted in an open world game. Every single tree, bush, branch, leave, even blade of grass, was rock solid and could put you to an instant stop. Driving across the map could last very long, though. I remember people (including founding member spaceboy) would organise mass online trips. It was fun while it lasted but it didn't last too long.

nex

If you like guns, then this is for you.
I stumbled onto this a few days ago

Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: fragger on August 23, 2017, 11:53:06 PM
This is kind of cool too, a computer-animated size comparison of various open-world game maps. Which game has the largest map? The answer may surprise you - and in a big way (pardon the pun):

Nice video fragger. Minecraft itself stops rendering the world when you cross the values for 32-bit or 64-bit.

Far Cry 2 had two separate maps, which required the game to load two separate regions compared to FC3. Which allows you to seamlessly cross between the islands. Even GTA V feels big, but that's due to developers capping vehicle speed at 140-160 mph (225-257 km/h). Me and Art discussed that, when we played Forza. We came to the conclusion that we are driving too fast in FH3's Australia map :laughsm: FC4 is roughly FC3's map size, but it feels more condensed due to the lack of an ocean separating regions.

It really comes down to how developers design the game and technical limitations.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: nex on November 01, 2017, 04:41:22 AM
If you like guns, then this is for you.
I stumbled onto this a few days ago

Can't watch it here, blocked in the US, but then, I used to watch that show when it was on TV. It was pretty interesting, but they cancelled it fast when he was charged with improper sexual contact with a minor..... yep.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

nex

Yes that is a pity, he did it to his own daughter    :angry-new:
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on November 01, 2017, 07:44:59 AM
Can't watch it here, blocked in the US...

It works if you use Opera's built-in free VPN and choose another country to originate. YT thinks I'm in Canada right now  :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳