Short Video Clips (from Youtube, etc)

Started by fragger, March 13, 2017, 07:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

wow, that's a lot of w0#k. Nice soil there too, you could never do that kind of thing around here, you'd get 6 inches (if you're lucky) into the ground and hit a large rock.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

nex

Same thing here, I wonder if he replaced that "shovel" at any stage during the construction.
Respect is earned, not given.

fragger

I'd like to know how long that took ???

Where did he get the logs for the roof, though? And I don't know about the pool - that water could get awfully stagnant after a while. Good breeding ground for mozzies and micro-organisms, too. There's a reason why swimming pools have filters and circulate the water... Maybe he bails it all out and refills it periodically :gnehe:

Still, that's an amazing amount of w0#k for one man with a bamboo shovel, a basket and a pot.

Art Blade

I was wondering about the pool water, too. Wake up in front of a breeding ground for malaria-infested mosquitoes and other nasty stuff.. and attract massive predators waiting to prey on anything bigger than rats using the pool..

nex

Your own wildlife in your back....or is that front yard

fragger

Art Blade

"Elisabeth I digital wrist watch," AAAAARGH :D

Dweller_Benthos

"I've got it"
"Have ya been anywhere with it?"
"I was gonna show you first"
"Well, I don't want to see it!"
D_B

Art Blade

nex

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Art Blade

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

fragger

I always loved this piece from 1976, and I finally found a decent upload of it on YT. There are some other uploads of it, but they're all lousy in either sound or visual quality, or both, or don't show the whole thing.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer were always one of my favourite "prog-rock" outfits from the 70s, even thought I don't like all of their stuff. But when they were good, they were tremendous :thumbsup:

They had an impressively full sound for just three guys. Check out that exceedingly rare Yamaha GX-1 that Keith Emerson is playing. Only about half a dozen of those 600-pound behemoths were ever made, and they are worth an absolute mint nowadays. They weren't cheap back then either - they would set you back about $60,000 in 70s money. Others were owned by Stevie Wonder (used on his "Songs In The Key Of Life" album) and Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones (used on their "In Through The Out Door" album). The upper keyboard featured keys that were not only velocity-sensitive, but could move from side-to-side to allow pitch-oscillation, which you can see Emerson doing at times in the clip. They also had a ribbon-controller. That's a synth for a real musician :gnehe:

I bet when ELP decided to jam this up, they never realized how iconic it would become. Even after more than 40 years, it's still being heard all over and used as intro music for $p@rts broadcasts on TV (here, anyway). Why sport I don't know - it was composed in 1942 by Aaron Copland and was inspired by a speech by then US vice-president Henry A. Wallace, who referred to America's involvement in WW2 as an aspect of "the century of the common man". Copland was still alive when ELP did this, and was said to be hugely impressed by their rendition of it.

Tags:
🡱 🡳