Forza Horizon 3

Started by Art Blade, March 18, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

:gnehe:

oh by the way, running the the game from an SSD is amazing. Loading times are so fast the game sometimes seems to wait for my PC to finish loading while it already had. I noticed when I first started the game and hadn't yet quit for the first time, it would show a loading screen that would take forever. When I decided to alt-tab out to check with my task manager, the game would JUST that instance be done loading. During that session, I realised that whenever I saw a loading screen, all I had to do was alt-tab out and back in, it would already have loaded. Kind of silly but funny, too. The next time I started the game, it would actually manage to briefly show the loading screen and be done within a second or so. Crazy  O0

fragger

Fraggerdeen here :)

Sorry I haven't responded for a little while. I was taking a walk on the beach the other day and some bugger ran over me... twice. Fortunately I'd had a few Coops so I didn't feel too much.

The screenie looks terrific. It would be of interest to me to see how realistically (or not) they reproduced my state. I don't know if they could reproduce ALL of it, it's pretty big area in total. It would be kind of cool to drive on my own street in a computer game :gnehe:

Art Blade

Hehe fragger :gnehe:

the map is comparatively small. The crew was way bigger. But it still feels OK, it's not as if you'd hit the world's end before you reached your max speed but certainly it doesn't take half an hour to cross the map from end to end as it did in The Crew.

Maybe you can check google and youtube to get a good idea of what it is like. Taking screenshots is tedious so I won't be posting loads.

However, my favourite car, a Maserati Gran Turismo is in the game.. here it is. :anigrin: The spoiler actually works, I have different setups for the car that I can save. This here is a 4WD and spoiler. I have a few more with RWD and without spoiler. You can fine-tune the whole setup of a car, from visuals such as number plates up to the angle the wheels are hitting the road or adjusting the individual gear shift ratios.

Uploading pic..

Art Blade

I had to crop the pic to show the car so the details would be the same and the file size would be allowed by the gallery.

2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Art Blade

when I say favourite car, I mean in real life that would be it. I first saw it in Test Drive Unlimited, there the handling was perfect. I later saw it in real life in my city, it was parked so I could take a good look. IT IS SMALL! Both length and height, it looks.. small ??? But very stylish :anigrin:

fragger

Wow, that looks like a photo of an actual car. Lovely :thumbsup:

Hmm... Looks like they've called the map NSW but have borrowed from various other locations and cobbled them together. The Twelve Apostles are way down on the southern coast in Victoria (and a long way from here), and that area at the top-right of the map labelled "Surfer's Paradise" is not part of NSW. It does exist, and the geography of the place looks quite faithfully reproduced on the map, but the real Surfer's Paradise is in Queensland, about a thousand kays north (from where I am - in reality, it's just north of the NSW-Queensland border. You can see it while you're still in NSW). So no, it's a composite map and NSW in name only. Overall though, it is typically NSW-ish, with fertile land along the coast and drier countryside inland.

I would still be interested to check it out. But: a) I'm not hugely into driving games; b) it would use up all of my data allocation for the month to download it; and c) it would be silly for me to spend that sort of money just for a look-see.

So I'll just read your impressions and enjoy that you're enjoying it. Don't stress about posting pics, nobody expects you to if it's a hassle :)

Art Blade

thanks for the info, fragger :)

No worries, it is me who wants to and would post loads of pics if it wasn't for bloody MS and their console port. It makes sense for a console to use a "photo mode" and carefully save a shot, but on a PC, it's ridiculous.

Art Blade

this is what it looks like while in the process of taking and working on a screenshot..  :banghead:

fragger

Yeah, I don't know why some devs have to make it difficult just to take a simple screenie. I don't understand it. I guess Irfanview is better than nothing, but I know what a nuisance it is to do it that way. What about Fraps? Would that be of any help? More drain on resources though.

Lovely screenie, anyway 8) I've been on roads here that look just like that. Good to see that you drive on the left side in the game, as you do in this country. Kudos for the devs for keeping that real :anigrin:

This might be of interest to you, a comparison of the real surfers paradise to the one in the game. You can see it's reasonably reproduced.

durian

Wow holy cow, can't believe that pic of Maserati is actually from a video game.  I'm blown away O0

Art Blade

HAHA yeah!! That is why I had to get the game. They're looking so REAL ??? :)

regarding driving on the left side, yes, there are even Japanese cars with the steering wheel on the right hand side :)

The pic of the maps is interesting to compare. Somewhat recognisable but not the real deal. Same for distances, GEEZ :D

fragger

The driving pic is about as close to being photo-realistic as I've ever seen, amazing ???

Art Blade

yes, it is fantastic. Rain drops, dust, everything looks so real. YouTube videos never are as crisp as the game when you're running it on your own PC. You can tell by the screenshots I'm posting as they're high res.

Art Blade

Here, I had to downsize the full screen pic but I cropped a section maintaining the original details.

Tags:
🡱 🡳