Forza Horizon 3

Started by Art Blade, March 18, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I mostly try to beat my own best lap times doing rivals. The rest is buying cars with the money I make from rivals.

LowPolyOWG

Nice :) Are you going to put down 3000+ hours into this game? :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

Today I had a very annoying bug in this game. >:(

I played a championship which means three races. Finishing first gives you 20 points, so the maximum is 60 at the end of the championship. It was against AI drivers, not online.

When I won the first race, I got my 20 points, good. The next screen was the championship standings, after one race, and I was second. SECOND?! The first driver had 30 points! WHAT?! I didn't notice 30 was too much and I didn't realise it was a different score than the screen before (where I had 20 and was 1st) but I did notice that something was wrong. I thought I didn't finish properly in the first place, maybe I missed something and so on so because it was still possible to restart the race, I did. I won again. I checked my first place, OK. I didn't pay attention to the championship standings (why would I, after winning the only race it was impossible that I didn't lead the championship.. well, it was possible, after all..) and went on to the next race.

Won again.This time I was leading the championship, too, 40 points.

Then the last race, I noticed something happening right in front of me and that instantly explained what was going on. ???

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I tried to manipulate the outcome by forcing those two drivers into accidents yet the outcome was still good enough for them to win the championship although I won all three races (you can tell by my 3x20=60 points) Apparently one of the two kept adding the other's score to his own.

Really annoying and weird, to lose a championship despite winning all races. It was impossible to annihilate the championship so I had to finish it the way it was, with a double driver on the grid. :angry-new:

LowPolyOWG

PZ

Art Blade

FH3 promo completed (500 cars)
oh yeah.. it did take some time.  :anigrin:

Every car: $1,000
Every 10 cars: $50,000 (which means 51,000 every 10th car)
So I made $3,000,000 taking pics :gnehe:

Art Blade

Finally got another car I wanted to have for some time now. A 1957 Ferrari 250 California, worth $8,000,000 and I was lucky at the auction again -- I got it for $6M O0

While waiting for the outcome of the Ferrari auction I decided to gamble (I had around $7.5M total) and took the opportunity to bid on a car that you can't buy under normal circumstances. I think it was a Forzathon prize. It is a Canadian futuristic-looking armoured personnel carrier (a 2014 Terradyne Gurkha LAPV) just like the one Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock was driving in The Fast 5 (the Fast and the Furious 5) -- usually they sell for around $1M+ and I got it for $800k while my $6M were sitting on the Ferrari. I hoped no one would outbid me and indeed, my gambling paid off :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

Ohh nice, I really need to spend more time in this game  :)

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Seems like AMD drivers explains the long loading time I had earlier >:( Weird, considering the game runs on the Xbox One using AMD hardware already... Latest driver supposedly fixed this. Better than Nvidia, that drops support for older games in newer driver releases...

A huge update is also expected, it should fix some bugs and performance issues. Hope they add CrossFire/SLI through DX12 EMA.

Art Blade

good luck, then. :)

And indeed, "performance issues" is what really annoys the living daylights out of me at times. Performance issues to me are: out of the blue, the game has either micro stutters or maximum slow motion that jumps back to normal then jumps to slow motion and back to normal.. in a race as well as when free roaming. It is particularly nasty when you're bombing down a straight at 267mph/430kph preparing for a sharp turn and then the game slows down like driving through treacle, the "wtf-moment" we all know, and that instance you're wondering what's going on, you get hammered into the wall like a cannon ball because the speed is back out of nowhere. REALLY nice, for a racing game. :banghead:

LowPolyOWG

Yep :banghead: I hope future titles will launch in a better state, this is the second Forza game being released on PC (Forza Apex is a feature limited version). However, the graphics and car physics are great :)

Art Blade

yes, I like the cars and the way they handle, and how you can change that with individual and detailed tuning.

Only the map is WAY too small. There's about ONE road and the airfield where you can (for seconds) go full speed with a high performance car. In The Crew, the details and handling were *bleep* but the map was massive. You could drive for half an hour from end to end and there were many straight motorways to go full speed for an extended period of time.

Tags:
🡱 🡳