Forza Horizon 3

Started by Art Blade, March 18, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

HOWEVER,

if it works, it works. :anigrin:

Since I was handed down to around rank 190, I have just jumped back up again. I am very satisfied to be there at #166 out of 1,167,430 race drivers on that track :bigsmile:

I still refuse to use any driving assists but (that's usually a factor against top ranking) I am still using my automatic gear shifting. I am pleased to say that the automatic gear shifting is a world of a difference compared to other racing games -- FH3 got a really good automatic shifting IF, and that's when you have to do that on your own, IF the gear box is tuned properly which is what I keep spending time on and keep improving it every time I make changes to the car's setup.

Generally speaking, this game keeps me going because of two things:

1) I want to improve my lap time on Three Bridge Circuit / Rivals and
2) it amuses and fascinates me that even if I think a setup can't be improved anymore, I still manage to and keep trying to  :anigrin:

It took nearly two weeks to beat my rival (00:50.523) and get ranked again. Also interesting, the time before that, I could only beat my rival by a somewhat poor 00:00.012 and now it's even a relatively big improvement of 00:00.103 :)

fast and furious -- now 00:50.419 and rank 166

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

OMG.  :anigrin:

Just did it again..

now 00:50.370 world rank #154 :)

also, meanwhile 883 new ranked drivers on the track.. hehe

BinnZ

Nice! O0

Almost within rank 100 ;)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

cheers :)

It is very hard. The slightest error and you're off by about two or three seconds so it really is a matter of constantly focussing and driving on the edge of the car's and one's personal ability. What I like about this ranking is that it is actually skill-based. Skill as a driver and skill as a tuner.

100? Unlikely. I'm working on it, though. :anigrin:

Art Blade

I was just thinking about the ranking and "skill-based" -- it is a little unfair that drivers using driving assists, some type of help, can be on the same ranking as those who drive without any assists and or help. Then again, it feels even more satisfactory if you beat someone who used help while you didn't  :anigrin:

Behind the names are clues as to what assists someone is using. If none are used, the two points are empty. If one of the following is used, then half a point will be filled by either one of those.

ABS = Antilock Braking System
TCS = Traction Control System

Then there is Stability Control, too, and the ideal line which can be full on, or only the braking line, or off. I reckon that those fill out the other half of those help indicators.

I don't know when it shows the left or the right half as filled or when it's one and a half or two full points. I have always been on the boards with empty points as I don't use any of that.

Gear can be one of the following

A = Automatic
M = Manual
MC = Manual and Clutch

Art Blade

OK then, maybe I can really pull it off.

now 00:50.246 and #126 in the world, out of 1,172,843 race drivers :anigrin:

PZ

LowPolyOWG

Hot Wheels expansion is now live! Time to fire up Forza again :bigsmile: Just a 2.98 GB DLC download ;)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

cheers, PZ :)

And indeed, going to check, GKID

Art Blade

OK, no download for me. I assume that it is paid-for DLC only.

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, that's correct. Sorry, forgot to add the word "DLC"  :-X

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_hot_wheels_available

Small PC optimization patch

LowPolyOWG

The Forzathon events this month :)

12th May - 15th May
Burn Free Perform 10 Burnout Skills to receive 55,000 CR
Stunt Double Perform 20 Hot Wheels Air Skills or Stuntman Skills to earn 95,000 XP
A Solid Round Beat a Rival to win the Porsche 911 GT2 RS
Shaking All Over
Get 3 Stars on a Danger Sign in the Bone Shaker or Meyers Manx to win 3 Wheelspins and 100,000 CR

19th May - 22nd May
Tree Hugger Perform 20 Lumberjack Skills to receive 85,000 CR
Play S'More Complete 3 Playground Games to win 3 Wheelspins
Flashlight Start Complete a Street Race to win the Porsche Carrera GT
Always Prepared Complete a Bucket List that ends in the Outback to earn 75,000 XP

23rd May
Soaring Luxury 3 Star the Airport Danger Sign in the Mercedes-Benz G 65 AMG to win the Lamborghini Huracàn HE
That Was Close Perform 10 Near Miss Skills in a $p@rts Utility Hero to receive 100,000 CR
Cultural Phenomenon Complete 5 Head-to-Head races in a Land Rover to earn 85,000 XP
How Sporting Win a Championship in a $p@rts Utility Hero to win 3 Wheelspins

26th May - 29th May
Family Tour Complete an Online Adventure to win 3 Wheelspins
Double Duty Complete 2 Races to receive 150,000 CR
Forced Induction Get 3 Stars on a Speed Zone in an Extreme Track Toy to win the Porsche 911 Turbo S
Qualifying Procedure Complete a Championship to earn 85,000 XP

2nd June - 5th June
Luxury Crossover Complete 3 Street Races to win the Porsche Macan Turbo and 50,000 CR
A Song To Sing Bank a Skill Chain during 3 Skill Songs to win 3 Wheelspins
Flying The Coop Perform 20 Ultimate Air Skills in a Super Saloon to receive 25,000 CR and the Rooster Horn
Pull Into The Station Complete a Race to receive 25,000 CR and the Train Horn

Art Blade

there are a couple of nice cars to be won. I certainly will try to get all of them :)

Art Blade

FH3 Forzathon "lead the way" done. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin: I haven't done them yet  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳