Forza Horizon 3

Started by Art Blade, March 18, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I have been following and doing those Forzathons since they started to give away Porsche $p@rts cars. I've got quite a collection now and they keep coming. :)

LowPolyOWG

Nice :)

Btw, what's the max round you can add through a blueprinted circuit race? I might want to torture myself with some Goliath races  :-X

Hmm, seems like 50 laps is max ??? Alright, CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! :anigrin: :evil2: Not today, but maybe during the weekend  :gnehe:

Art Blade

50 laps x 11 minutes (fast, S2 class) = 550 minutes or 9 hours, 10 minutes. Without brakes or breaks, that is. In other words, you're crazy :anigrin:

If you want to torture yourself, try 10 laps. That's about two hours.
You'll feel like a teabag after going through 10 cups of hot water. :anigrin:

There should be a 5-lap race by me and a 10-lap race by TerrZor but you can of course create your own.

If you want some tips for the Goliath race, check the spoiler.

Spoiler

creating a blueprint
- whatever car type you choose is a matter of taste and of how long a lap will take. I recommend S2 because a lap only takes around 11 minutes.
- check the weather conditions -- I recommend clear skies unless you fancy sudden rain falls.
- check time of day progression. I recommend a fixed time setup so you don't run from daylight into a night race. Also, I recommend noon or early afternoon so you don't run into a blinding sun.
- If you can, use perks. Use those that give extra XP and extra money for an exhibition race. Also the perk that lets you start from position one.

If you haven't yet unlocked those perks, here is a quick way of getting those skill points needed:

From the menu, use the 2nd tab (social) and select private online session, free roam. That way, you won't have suicidal drivatars screwing up your driving, just normal AI cars. Go to the start of the motorway southwest of the city, that circle there (a roundabout).

Use a fast car that handles well, and just go full speed up and down that motorway. Passing cars at high speed will very quickly provide you with awesome skill chains and all that, easily racking up dozens of skill points within a reasonably short amount of time. Just make sure you don't crash into anything, better slow down and stop to bank those skill chains.

Remember not to rack up too many points: the game caps at 300,000 = 3 skill points. So you want to drive until you get 50,000 x 6.0 max and stop to bank it. If you get more, the excess points get lost. Then start the next skill chain. Rinse and repeat.

I have some 330+ skill points available right now. :anigrin:

Here, this is what it looks like (screenshot from about two weeks ago)
the top row (white) is where you can repeatedly activate those perks.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Enjoy. Maybe I'll join you for the Goliath. I am not sure weather we can actually race just the two of us or the two of us against 10 AI cars. If it's just the two of us then we could rig the race. Like, 2 x 5 laps, each of us wins once and subsequently finishes 2nd the other race. Should provide for a LOT of cash. ;)

LowPolyOWG

If you have the Huracan HE or you use your Ford GT 2017 HE, you can do 9+ million cash or XP on the go. That includes skill point cash/XP bonuses and 60% difficulty. Only 1 of them can be earned in a 9 hour session though. I think I need to get those first before attempting this :anigrin: I have an S2 HE Countach that could w0#k.

I did played Forza Horizon 3 about 24 hours non-stop during The Gathering in the easter, but that was not Goliath grinding all the time. 9 hours of 50 rounds shouldn't be a problem (unless the game crashes). I might need to go to the toilet though or make some food to keep me going  :-X

Hmm, thanks for the skill point idea, I need more of those  :anigrin:

Btw, I remember torturing myself with a 34 round endurance race with an F class car in FM3 on the Xbox 360 :-X

Art Blade

I was about to tell you about it. I recommend a money car (credit boost) -- I have grown VERY fond of the 2017 Ford GT HE. You can get it at the auction for usually around $800k

Check these stats (5 laps)

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

LowPolyOWG

Multiply that with 10 and you got 9.5 million :anigrin:

Art Blade

I know.. but think about my experience with "superman" -- the unbeatable one AI driver that keeps chasing you ALL THE TIME. If you can't beat him, you're screwed. My 10-lap race was a disaster because of that *bleep*.

Art Blade

by the way, it should be more than just 10 times the money. It gets more and more every lap you add. See, I got more money finishing 5th of a 10-lap race than I got finishing 1st of a 5-lap race.

LowPolyOWG

Hmm, thanks for the heads up :bigsmile: I have been close to win your HE edition by myself, but the wheelspin machine gives me useless vehicles... or cash...

I think I have plenty of wheelspins, I have saved them for later use.

Art Blade

not every Wheelspin includes the same cars. Those HE cars are very rare.

LowPolyOWG

True, I wonder how many wheelspins I need  :-X

I will try using my heavily modified Countach 500 HE (cash), my difficulty settings and 50 rounds of driving to test my endurance. I am quite patient when it comes to grinding so it should not be too much of a hassle :anigrin:

Art Blade

Oh, yeah, I got two of those countachs  :anigrin: (one set up as S1, the other one as S2) -- they're actually very good and CHEAP at the auction. No one wants them. I made my fist couple of millions with those cars :) However, the Ford is stronger. Doesn't matter, use the countach O0

Art Blade

I am actually very curious about that adventure of yours. Please post about it :)

Art Blade

Hmm.. I read the upcoming Forzathon list again and checked my cars, there are actually two cars that had been prize cars before. So.. if you missed out on those, here is your second chance. The Spyder is quite good.

Porsche 911 GT3
    Porsche 918 Spyder

Then there is this one:

'70 Chevelle Super Sport HE (Skills Boost)

I do remember "Chevelle" (Chevrolet) and "HE" but I'm not sure whether or not it was this one, but I did sell a muscle car with "HE" before. I still have a regular 1970 Chevelle muscle car. It's a bloody silly car for skills boost so perfect for selling at the auction  :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳