Forza Horizon 3

Started by Art Blade, March 18, 2017, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Alright mate, I'll upload three screenshots as examples for a "normal" gearbox (as in, for roads and circuits, automatic gear shift) and then for a manual drag and lastly a hybrid that makes that drag gearbox compatible with automatic and for use on roads and circuits.

I crated that hybrid so that with the drag setup, the automatic (which knows there are seven gears) won't attempt to shift between 5, 6 and 7 despite the fact that they are identical. It will shift, though, so I gave it something to shift so it still makes sense  :anigrin: You can see I used the hybrid and moved the last gears down to the same setting as the 5th gear.

You could use the hybrid with manual shifting so long as you stop shifting gears when reaching the fifth. As a human, you can resist the temptation -- there are more gears but you understand that they're useless. The automatic doesn't understand that  :anigrin:

FH3 tutorial gears Aventador circuit
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

FH3 tutorial gears Aventador drag

FH3 tutorial gears Aventador hybrid

LowPolyOWG

O0 I'll do some adjustments and report back ;)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Meanwhile, I'm getting used to winning :anigrin:

This was a good race because S2 and X are virtually the same when it comes to car classes in a drag race. They start together. So, we all started together. No silly C class or the likes. Note that the S2 Dart HEMI easily beats the X class, by a second and more. Most of the time I get a 19.2xx finish which most of the time is a lot better than the times of the other racers. Remember, 7 milliseconds made me jump about 700 ranks on the rivals race ladder. So.. 281 milliseconds between 1st and 2nd place in this race is a lot. Since I don't need to steer when in the lead, I usually look back to watch the gap behind me and I do like to watch the rest of the cars behind me :anigrin:

Those 281 milliseconds equal several car lengths, perhaps like five or more -- the car behind me looked like being sufficiently far away not to worry about it in the least. :gnehe: By the way, when I hit the finish after the one mile, my speed will have just reached 437kph (271.539mph) and that is something not all the cars out there manage. In theory, they're as fast or faster but they can't get that fast within just one mile :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Btw, it seems this game really likes the preset graphics settings. Apparently, playing this on ultra with my RX 480 lead to crashes :banghead: Maybe they are reserving the Ultra setting for enthusiast cards.

Art Blade

at least it's stable and not too shabby. O0

Btw, our little session was funny today :) Afterwards, I decided to buy (although it's not for sale) that Final Fantasy XV car, a Regalia worth $500k, which is for free if you played FF XV on xbox or PC. I don't have that game but there's always an auction house :gnehe: Got it fully tuned up for $275k

BinnZ

Nice car! But the nose looks like it just drove through a giant lemon :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

:anigrin:

It is a weird car. It's only been released about two days or so yet I'm the 5th owner of that car, already. Looks as if people want to get rid of it quickly. You can't upgrade it much: class S2 ranges from 901 to 998 (999 would be class X) so 911 is very, very low specs. Still, the car got 8 gears. When I got the car, "fully" upgraded to 911, shifting gears the way I got it was like every half second a higher gear. Silly. I set up a somewhat reasonable gear ratio so the shifting actually accelerates the car to its max speed which of course isn't very fast. Anyway, it looks cool and I consider it a car for cruising around with leisurely :anigrin:

Art Blade

This is what "they" get to see when I'm finishing them off. The back of my car :anigrin:

It actually is the cutscene moments before you receive your XP and money. The car is a 1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock and currently the fastest S2 and S1 drag car. Given you've got the right setup and all that :gnehe:

you may want to enlarge it twice (full size) so you can see
those two little stickers I created. Fragger might recognise the left one.. :gnehe:
I got those two stickers on all my drag cars.

As of right now, I entered 341 online races (including those when I was a newbie and those I joined accidentally and those I had to just participate in for a Forzathon and of course the drag races) out of which 316 times I finished on a podium and won 205 of them. 60.1% win percentage.

Almost exclusively drag races (they count as street races) I entered 315 and won 199 of them. 63.2% win percentage. The races I lost are almost exclusively those when someone in a lower class entered and won with a head start. They usually can't be beaten unless you're in the same class, basically. Most of the time I ended up 2nd in those races.

All in all, it is very likely that I win or end up 2nd. I'm having fun :)

Albeit, today someone by the name "minigun j 116" sent me a message through the xbox app:
Quotecan't win the race fair so you have to cheat

(he basically was a "collateral" when he lost against me, as I was in a lower class car to get my revenge win on someone else who had been in a lower class car but that guy didn't show in that race.. probably chickened out and I couldn't do anything about being the only one in a low class car)

Erm.. :-\

I replied..

sorry. I always start in an S2 until someone pops up in a lower class -- the cheat. I then react to that and get into a similar class. I'll be glad to race you in a fair manner :) my game just crashed so I have to restart.

then
oh. I thought you wanted a fair race. Apparently you're playing guitar hero now. Well.. catch you later.

and finally
no reaction.. changed your game.. I think you should think before you talk like that. Makes it look as if you're too scared now to race. By the way, it wasn't actually a cheat. All classes are allowed. If you can't cope with that, you'll see a LOT of cheaters every day on the drag strip. Maybe guitar hero suits you better indeed.

He never replied.

Now, that's the common *bleep* I really don't enjoy when playing "in the wild" as in online public. A lot of people and not all of them interest me :anigrin:

Art Blade

Actually, I think I'm done with that drag racing.

I got as high as I possibly could -- yeah, yeah, the sentence isn't finished yet -- in the rival rankings of all classes (even in the top 100 for the C class) meaning more or less in the top 1% of the drag racers listed. Online drag racing is rarely a challenge any more but most of the time trying to adapt to those lower class clowns who think they're cool -- it's boring to beat them in the next race.

Well. It was fun while it lasted.  :anigrin:

FH3 the last drag

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Art Blade

just realised it took almost exactly two weeks from nothing to getting bored of winning and retire :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

:thumbsup: Well, I guess I have some catchup to do :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳