Artificial Dumbness

Started by JRD, March 12, 2009, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Wow!  ::)

Quote from: fragger on January 10, 2010, 12:32:10 AM
Be careful though - she blows up when she croaks!

That almost perfectly describes my first ex-mother in-law, "The Toad".  ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Eeew. I have just visualised a toad the size and shape of a chubby old lady blowing up at the dinner table and stopped thinking about it when I looked around in that virtual room.  ;D

If you've ever seen anything "organic" blow up (corpse of a horse or stuff like that) you'll not want that mess in a room, unless you fancy some weird kind of modern art wall papers with a palpable structure and don't mind the stench.  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

- mandru

fragger

I haven't seen this before. I'd just completed the mission to blow up the tanker at the North Railyard (Leboa) and pulled Josip's nuts out of the fire at the subsequent train wreck battle. After that was all over, I thought I'd go back and unlock the safehouse that's stuck way up in the corner of the map NW of Petro Sahel. Went there and did that, then made my way back east, keeping well north of Petro Sahel. Since it was broad daylight however, the sniper on top of the oil tank there spotted me and let off a few, but he missed with all of them, and I continued on until I was out of his line of sight around that spur of northward-sticking rock further east (where the railway makes an inverted "U"). I continued on, and passing the still-smoking train wreck, I heard an engine behind me. I looked back to see a merc from, I assume, Petro Sahel, giving me chase – in a big truck! Now, he could have picked an AT at PS, but he chose to come after me in this truck instead, which of course still managed to catch me up in my Unimog. Then he rear-ended me on the railroad tracks, making me lose control, and this was how we ended up:

[smg id=1867]

That's the first time I've seen a merc driving a big truck outside of the convoy missions.

Art Blade

nice pic  ;D :-X

I've seen that just a short while ago, he was from North Railyard. In my case, he chased me in the big truck because I had blown up all stationary ATs there :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

KingRat

Started a new game today. Found a pre-order Gamestop copy at a thrift shop and installed it on a PC in my shop. This one is running Vista, 9800gtx, so I get to see what DX10 offers  :) Have been playing upstairs on my WinXP, 275gtx system....

Anyway, haven't run the updater so it's v1.00 and the bonus mission code on the box installed the predecessor missions (at least some of them) as I've already got one. When unlocking a safe house near the envelope drop I wounded one of the mercs and heard this>

"a bottle of scotch will fix you right up" "lucky for you he's a s#!t shot"

Hadn't heard that before and I cracked me up  ;D

mandru

You may have a real gem there KingRat!  8)

Makes me wonder if the some of the language and dialogue was trimmed back on subsequent releases. Please keep us posted if you keep getting new lines.  :-X
- mandru

fragger

Quote from: KingRat on January 26, 2010, 08:00:24 PM
"a bottle of scotch will fix you right up" "lucky for you he's a sh!$ shot"

Nice one, KingRat, I haven't heard that one before :-X

Maybe mandru is onto something regarding pre-patch versions of the game.

RedRaven

Playing it with patch 1.03 and there is still swearing in it, the "F" word came up at least twice in Pala. Keep hearing funny things from mercs but always forget to write them down :( .

Will make more of an effort to do so in future.

Just run over a merc whilst driving the nitrous truck into the garage at Sefapane ;D  At least 4 other mercs just stood watching and did nothing. Bonus, one less to shoot :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

fragger

Same here, Red, regarding dialogue. I hear something being said and I think "I must remember that" then promptly forget how the dialogue went :D I may have to start writing them down as soon as I hear them...

I do remember hearing a wounded merc remarking, while being treated by a medic, "Christ, doc, are you digging down to China?" and the doc's response was something like "Shut up, tough guy" but I can never remember dialogue exactly unless I've heard it a number of times.

RedRaven

Usually I find that if you can hear a merc then its time to quick save, check all guns are loaded and get shooting ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

KingRat, you could check the Jackal Tape bug if you don't patch your game!

Just in case you feel like doing so, of course... don't patch and play trying to get all tapes, which is pretty easy, compared to diamonds, and see if they all play or if you get it stuck on the kid with boots tape
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

KingRat

Quote from: JRD on January 27, 2010, 04:24:12 AM
KingRat, you could check the Jackal Tape bug if you don't patch your game!

Just in case you feel like doing so, of course... don't patch and play trying to get all tapes, which is pretty easy, compared to diamonds, and see if they all play or if you get it stuck on the kid with boots tape

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get all the tapes. Starting the game from the Farcry2.exe in the Bin appears to bypass the auto-update. My x360 is also unpatched and I got all but one tape on that system.

I've currently got 4 games running; FC2 down here and Crysis and Far Cry 1 upstairs with Mass Effect on the x360... :D  ;D

Speaking of the original Far Cry, I watched the movie the other night and the only resemblance to the game was Jacks shirt in the beginning  ;D

Art Blade

I know that line with the sh!$ shot, heard it a couple of times. It's not new, sorry, guys.  :-[

fragger

Quote from: KingRat on January 27, 2010, 10:56:17 AM
Speaking of the original Far Cry, I watched the movie the other night and the only resemblance to the game was Jacks shirt in the beginning  ;D

? There's a movie?

JRD

Quote from: fragger on January 28, 2010, 02:39:08 AM
Quote from: KingRat on January 27, 2010, 10:56:17 AM

? There's a movie?

Is there? I don't know either  :(

RedRaven

Here is IMDB link for it http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0400426/
From what I can recall of it it is not very good.

JRD

mandru

No fair!

They got helicopters to shoot up in the movie and we don't.   :(
- mandru

JRD

Val looks better though (less blocky)  ;D

deadman1

well it was directed by Uwe Boll, that man makes
Ed Wood (director famous for making the worst movies ever made) look like Oscarmaterial  ;)

Art Blade

The movie had so bad critics here, no matter where you looked, I didn't bother checking it out.

fragger

Second that, it looks like crappola. I wish I knew how to spell a raspberry-type noise.

(Picture this upside-down): :-X

wexer9

Quote from: fragger on January 29, 2010, 02:24:03 AM
Second that, it looks like crappola. I wish I knew how to spell a raspberry-type noise.

(Picture this upside-down): :-X

Lol, indeed. :P

Tags:
🡱 🡳