No Rescue Ready Buddies

Started by Zomby Woof, April 10, 2009, 08:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zomby Woof

Quick question here.  So my buddies went missing, and I went and found two new ones.  Yet, for some reason when I go to a safehouse there is no one there to become "rescue ready."  I didn't think it was a big deal, but I've done 3 main missions now and been to numerous safehouses.  Still, no dice.  Do I have to do the buddy missions before they'll help me out, or am I missing something?

JRD

As far as I know your second best buddy just shows up and gets ready to rescue you if needed... so I don't think you missed something here.
Sometimes you do your w@&k without back up, nomally during side missions, but he / she will be ready when you do a faction mission... thats weird.
On my current game, I just moved south and the barge skipper (Nasreen) became my best buddy. As soon as I steped into Mike's, there was Frank and I saw Andre passing by. I met Andre on the first safehouse I cleared and he became rescue ready. Now, for no reason, Frank took his place in my notebook.
My point is: I see no pattern here, they just step up tp help you out if you need!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I concur with JRD - I have not noticed a pattern.  I'm playing in Bowa at 54% right now, and Nasreen just showed up at Mike's.  The last time I saw her was in the Port Selao clinic when she told me not to go out the front door.  Her two buddy quests are now available to me.

Dweller_Benthos

I found you have to go to a safe house to activate a resuce buddy, but don't know what you'd do if there's no one there - is it a certain safe house you have to go to, or will any do?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Reports indicate that any safe house will do, but then again, I've not noticed a pattern...

Zomby Woof

Ok I think I figured it out.  Last night I went and rescued a third buddy from the brewery and poof!  The next safehouse I went to had a buddy waiting to become "rescue ready."    I guess you have to have three active buddies in order to have a "second best buddy."  Could be wrong, but I think I remember this happening in the nothern territory too.  Either way thanks for the advice guys.

PZ

Sounds quite reasonable Zomby Woof,  - thanks for posting your findings.

JRD

... however, when I got to Bowa, I met Nasreen at the barge mission and Frank at Mike's. Andre was around, just walking around, and became rescue ready as soon as I cleared a safehose.
After that, I had that "free the buddy" mission, only it was in Sediko, not in the brewery, and Hakim was the hostage (faction's doorman mission).
What follows is:
1st buddy - at the barge missions
2nd and 3rd buddy - randomly at Mike's.
I did nothing to meet them. They just were there
4th buddy - held hostage at Sediko, I set him free...
There is a 5th buddy at the brewery, as far as I can tell... (haven't reached him so far)
In the farcryworld.com forum PZ, D_B, spaceboy and some other folks arranged a search group to find a (supposely missing) buddy, divided into sectors, and nothing happened (correct me if I'm wrong guys).

(yes, there was a search group for a virtual buddy, and that amazed me......... )
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

DKM2

Try starting a mission, main or side. On your trip to do the mission go to a safe house.
That should do it.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

Quote from: JRD on April 11, 2009, 10:32:05 PM
... however, when I got to Bowa, I met Nasreen at the barge mission and Frank at Mike's. Andre was around, just walking around, and became rescue ready as soon as I cleared a safehose.
After that, I had that "free the buddy" mission, only it was in Sediko, not in the brewery, and Hakim was the hostage (faction's doorman mission).
What follows is:
1st buddy - at the barge missions
2nd and 3rd buddy - randomly at Mike's.
I did nothing to meet them. They just were there
4th buddy - held hostage at Sediko, I set him free...
There is a 5th buddy at the brewery, as far as I can tell... (haven't reached him so far)
In the farcryworld.com forum PZ, D_B, spaceboy and some other folks arranged a search group to find a (supposely missing) buddy, divided into sectors, and nothing happened (correct me if I'm wrong guys).

(yes, there was a search group for a virtual buddy, and that amazed me......... )

I experienced the same - buddies that you need to save at the brewery and at Sediko.  On both of them, I like to sneak in and free the buddy without alerting anyone - kind of fun.  I also do not wait for the doorman to assign these missions - I just free the buddies when I'm in the area perhaps on another mission.  As to the reported "missing" buddy in Bowa, we never did find anything - I wonder if using the trainer might result in something.

spaceboy

When we did the search party, I kept thinking it would be so easy to miss him because it may not appear until you are closer (pop-in I guess).  It was fun, but kind of tedious, the trainer would help on PC, but if D_B didn't find him yet, I don't think he's there.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Roaven

Go to the journal, if it says rescue ready under the second buddies picture, you're good. If not, go to an already unlocked safehouse to find them waiting.

PZ

Quote from: spaceboy on April 12, 2009, 11:45:10 AM
When we did the search party, I kept thinking it would be so easy to miss him because it may not appear until you are closer (pop-in I guess).  It was fun, but kind of tedious, the trainer would help on PC, but if D_B didn't find him yet, I don't think he's there.

I agree, D_B is so thorough I doubt he would miss something.

Zomby Woof

wow, so you can rescue the buddies before you get the mission from one of the doormen.  That's good to know for my next playthrough.

PZ

Indeed you can; in fact, when I start a new game, depending on where I start, I go to the lumber camp, fresh fish, cock fight arena, and slaughterhouse to free the captives so that I can do their buddy missions.  Then, when I exhaust all of those, I let one of them die and free the buddy north of Schwasana for two more missions.  In Bowa, I usually free the captives at the brewery and Sediko whenever I'm in the area.  You'll notice however, that even if you do these on your own, they still count toward the mission percentage.

Dweller_Benthos

I haven't seen any other buddies in the south, so I don't think there's one. I didn't realize the faction door guy would tell you to go rescue someone, I just knew they were there and rescued them on my way through.

Right now, in the south I have Nasreen, though I don't know where she is, haven't seen her since the barge mission, Andre, who I think I found at the Brewery, Frank who was running the barge, Hakim who I found in the village, Sediko I guess, and the Chinese guy Bai (can't remember that last name of his, Quonyong or something) who just appeared one day at the bar.

Since I had six in the north, that's a total of 11, plus the character I'm playing, which makes 12, are there more buddies than that? You'd think I could find a list of them online quick, but I guess not.
D_B

PZ

I must be playing the same game you are D_B because my buddy list is exactly the same, and in the same locations, etc.

I'm confident that there are 11 buddies (6 in the north and 5 in the south) plus the buddy that is your character for a total of 12.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, that seems to be it, so I don't think there's any more to find.
D_B

Ceres Tauri

Well I'm a bit baffled then.  I have found 8 so far.  6 are either missing or dead outright, hehe.  I had thought I would get a new buddy mission when I went to the factions, but I just realized I went to the same side and so got a storyline mission.  ah well.  Most wisdom comes from experience of mistakes.  Some comes from learning from others... which is why we're here eh?

I went up north again just today and went to the plane crash site.  There's no one there.  I'm pretty sure all of my North buddies survived into the Mikes bar fight...  AFTER doing that then I read here that I should have killed one myself after doing their buddy missions, then went to the crash, and later to toss them each some spare grenades inside the bar... ah well, I'll be seeing them again won't I?-)  hehe. 

Anyway, I might make my way back south and go to the unlock sites, maybe just back to the main town and opp faction and I'll bet I have a new buddy unlock mission from the bouncer... 

Anyone know if I can get a "rescue a new buddy" mission from the North bouncers after completing the storyline up N, going S, then returning N?

SO I'm figuring things out as I go and as I read here... then ingame things go certain ways and I understand what you guys meant by this or that... You got it all figured out man!  Awesome.

Art Blade

hehe  :)

Sorry mate. There is no way of getting any buddy related missions or rescueing a buddy in the north once you have entered the south. There won't be any bouncers any more in the north by then. Next playthrough, then  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ceres Tauri

makes sense.  I'll have to return South to get one going.  Have to get those buddy locations figured out.  WHat map icon is that?  Havent found the right thread just yet for loc's of all of them.  Anyway, im sure I could return and have a bouncer send me to one.  Same difference.  Looking forward to next through already tho... hehe.  The next time I'll finally know what to do in the north correctly, hehe.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ceres Tauri

yeah, duh.... the whole storyline moves South.  The bouncers and everyone associated with the factions has moved on... doh.

PZ

Some things you can return to the north to do - for instance, I returned to the north to do a predecessor mission this morning.  It's kind of fun to return to Leboa - sort of like returning to your home town.

Art Blade

indeed. I did the Predecessor missions in a single go after I did some missions in Bowa first. I drove to Leboa, did the first half there and then back to Bowa to finish the job. Nice experience.

I still have the regular tape jobs pending, and I want to do it the same way: Collect all in one go, starting in Leboa and go back to Bowa to finish that job, too :)

If you have only started the game (have not yet entered Bowa) make sure to do all the buddy missions there are, kill one buddy to make room for the 6th buddy, find him, do his missions and done.

One tip on that: The best buddy is always the one with the highest count of history points after they got assigned for the first time. You can get every buddy to give you their missions except the rescue buddy because he never shows at Mike's. But. If you increase history with your rescue buddy to exceed the amount of history points of your best buddy, they will swap places. That makes your rescue buddy your best buddy - hence he/she will show up at Mike's... and give you additional buddy missions  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳