S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 go multiplat!

Started by ninzza, January 22, 2011, 04:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninzza

Yay! STALKER2 will be released on PC as well as PS3 and 360 in 2012:

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/706933/stalker-2-announced.html

From many gameplay videos I've watched, the STALKER series look like the ideal kind of games for me: a mix of FPS and RPG (yes, I know Fallout is also a hybrid of those two genres but it's more of an RPG than FPS and the environments and atmosphere in STALKER look so much better Fallout's IMO). But being a console gamer, I can't play it so when GSC announced STALKER 2 would come out for consoles, I'm very excited.

;D :-()

/Art: added an "L" to Staker in the subject ;)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: ninzza on January 22, 2011, 04:27:36 PM
...From many gameplay videos I've watched, the STALKER series look like the ideal kind of games for me: a mix of FPS and RPG (yes, I know Fallout is also a hybrid of those two genres but it's more of an RPG than FPS and the environments and atmosphere in STALKER look so much better Fallout's IMO).
I'll echo that comment - I'm still playing FO3 and FNV on occasion, mostly to play with the mods, and find the old school graphics unappealing, especially now that I'm playing FC2 again.

ninzza

Quote from: PZ on January 23, 2011, 02:49:17 PM
Quote from: ninzza on January 22, 2011, 04:27:36 PM
...From many gameplay videos I've watched, the STALKER series look like the ideal kind of games for me: a mix of FPS and RPG (yes, I know Fallout is also a hybrid of those two genres but it's more of an RPG than FPS and the environments and atmosphere in STALKER look so much better Fallout's IMO).
I'll echo that comment - I'm still playing FO3 and FNV on occasion, mostly to play with the mods, and find the old school graphics unappealing, especially now that I'm playing FC2 again.

I've just bought New Vegas three hrs ago (brand new for only $40) to satisfy my hunger for an open world game that play like FC2 but deeper.

PZ

That's a good price - I hope you enjoy the game.  Because it is an RPG, it requires through and keeping track of lots of information - you can go on lots of simultaneous quests.  What I like about the game most is the ability to install mods in the PC version.  What I like about the vanilla version is the post-apocalyptic feel to the game - old songs, memorabilia, posters, etc.  Related to the mods, I recently installed a user radio station that allows me to play whatever music I want, and I went to an old radio commercial site, downloaded the recordings, and installed them as a commercial station in FNV - it is great to hear commercials from a bygone era.

B33 ENN

2012 eh? I best get a move on if I want to finish the first ones before that comes out...  :-D

I like it when good games get multi-platform, it brings all gamers across the various systems together, especially on a site like this where there is no platform bashing  :)
"Do your mother a favour, buy a Lance & Ferman Military Laser."

ninzza

Quote from: PZ on January 23, 2011, 04:41:34 PM
That's a good price - I hope you enjoy the game.  Because it is an RPG, it requires through and keeping track of lots of information - you can go on lots of simultaneous quests.  What I like about the game most is the ability to install mods in the PC version.  What I like about the vanilla version is the post-apocalyptic feel to the game - old songs, memorabilia, posters, etc.  Related to the mods, I recently installed a user radio station that allows me to play whatever music I want, and I went to an old radio commercial site, downloaded the recordings, and installed them as a commercial station in FNV - it is great to hear commercials from a bygone era.

I've played for over 1hr, so far I like this game more than Fallout 3: its environments look brighter, there are more trees and grass, aim down the sight function ....

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

ninzza

Quote from: Art Blade on January 24, 2011, 12:52:16 PM
Enjoy and have fun, matey :) :-X

Thanks Art. New Vegas and STALKER, which game do you prefer ?  :)

Art Blade

I played FO3 and then modded it a lot. I had spent an incredible amount of time playing FO3 including everything I could think of. After that I didn't want to play NV because NV just couldn't top that.

STALKER however was different. The first game of the series, Shadow of Chernobyl, had a bad reputation, as in a lot of bugs and crashes to desktop and corrupted savegames and all that. When Clear Sky came out I was hoping that they had learned from the previous game, and it was a lot less bugged, yet still.. bugged. I liked CS a lot. The latest, Call of Pripyat, is my favourite. Stable, a lot of freedom, and major improvements to the older versions. I played that for quite some time and also modded my own gear (I love modding).

So, STALKER it is for me. :)

ninzza

Thanks for sharing your opinions, Art.

:)

Art Blade

welcome :)

You know, when I was playing FO3, there was nothing as cool as that game, particularly because I had (still have) a printed guide thick as a phone book of a major city which had everything in it, up to trivia. With its help I was able to play the game to its fullest. I didn't want to do that all over again for a sequel which, as far as I know, hasn't improved on the predecessor, which is particularly annoying regarding the now outdated graphics.

Stalker series improved each time in every aspect, and it has a lot of creepy moments in it.. it is about the only game that made me jump and nearly knock my desk over.  ;D

ninzza

I'm disappointed with New Vegas shooting. At the moment I only have 2 guns: 9mm pistol and rifle. Real time combat is terrible and more difficult than other FPS, there's no aim assis and shot indicator. I'm coming back to FC2.

After reading some topics about STALKER, yeah I agree it has some really scary moments. I  have the chance to play it, I would probably scream  ;D Love the outdoors and indoor atmosphere.  :-X

PZ

Quote from: ninzza on January 25, 2011, 02:00:33 PM
I'm disappointed with New Vegas shooting...
Same here - I had to install  aiming and scope mods plus a realistic head shot mod just to have FNV behave half way decently - when I started FC2 again, it almost takes your breath away.  I wouldn't play FNV at all if I only had it for my PS3 - the shame is that I was so looking forward to the game after I saw the initial trailers.  Don't get me wrong, I still like playing the game (heavily modded), but it is not what I initially was hoping for.

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on January 25, 2011, 01:34:11 PMStalker series improved each time in every aspect ...

Let me rephrase that: "... but graphics." CoP basically looks exactly like CS.

ninzza

I dont complian about STALKER graphics; they look completely fine for me.  Gameplay, atmosphere, AI, control ... are far more important than graphics.  If have to chose between Crysis and STALKER, I definitely pick STALKER.  :)

Art Blade

I don't complain about its graphics, either, because they're not bad at all  :)

Other than FO3, I never quite liked the looks of the vanilla game, and it was outdated (the engine they used) even when it was new. They could have improved it as has been shown in many mods  :-\\

Crysis did look fantastic but that was the other way round. The computer hardware was outdated even when it was new, the game was so far ahead of its time (or, as some say, it was badly programmed, not to say it had not been optimised) ??? :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳