Visiting the scrap yard

Started by PZ, January 21, 2011, 10:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

My mission: take out the compressors at the scrap yard, however, Michelle called me to visit PetroSahel to pick up her documents before doing so.

Here is my favorite entrance into PetroSahel - the hole in the metal fence on the northern edge of the area
[smg id=2711 width=400]

Climbing to the top of the first tower (where I'd killed the sniper from afar), the view of mercs patrolling was a dauntng sight
[smg id=2712 width=400]

This poor dumb fool didn't even realize the danger
[smg id=2713 width=200]

Putting a bullet through an acetylene tank will cause it to behave almost like a rocket, igniting everything in it's path.
[smg id=2714 width=400]

The small propane tanks also cause lots of fire, spinning out of control, and then exploding
[smg id=2715 width=200]

The results of the fires
[smg id=2716 width=300]

These mercs knew something was up, but not exactly what
[smg id=2717 width=200]

This poor guy had no chance
[smg id=2718 width=200]

On the way to the scrap yard - there was a GP
[smg id=2719 width=400]

What an idiot!  Running straight into the blazing machine gun barrel
[smg id=2720 width=400]

Here's the map location of the hole in the metal fence into the concrete culvert, which leads into the interior of a bus
[smg id=2721 width=400]

The interior of the bus
[smg id=2722 width=400]

At last - the tower that I want to use as a sniper hide
[smg id=2723 width=400]

Poor dumb mercs - don't know what is about to take place
[smg id=2724 width=400]

Quite a few merc bodies!
[smg id=2725 width=400]

Back at ground level - lots of bodies
[smg id=2726 width=400]

My target - the compressor in the building at the base of the tall tower in the scrap yard
[smg id=2727 width=400]

After destroying the compressor at the scrap yard, I made my way to the edge of the area where Michelle was fighting a few mercs - she did not need my help
[smg id=2728 width=400]

Art Blade

:) So good that this game features a screenshot function. I really don't understand why most games these days don't.

Nice pics, PZ, good story  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks Art - I couldn't agree more about the screen shot capability.  Although I use FRAPS for my screen shots and video, I'd love to see this kind of capability native to games.  For example, it would be great to have a screen shot button on my PS3 which would automatically send it to my email account (or at least the console's hard drive) where I could then do whatever I wanted.

mmosu

Quote from: PZ on January 22, 2011, 12:47:05 PM
. . . it would be great to have a screen shot button on my PS3 which would automatically send it to my email account (or at least the console's hard drive) where I could then do whatever I wanted.

Uh, yeah!!!  :-D
I've heard rumblings of such of function in a future system update for the PS3, but so far it's all just rumors  :D  GT5 is the only game I've played where you can take screenies and export them directly to the images folder on the XMB menu - good forward thinking if you ask me  :-X

fragger

Nice illustrated story PZ, great pics :) :-X

JRD

You know what I think is the funniest? Back in the days we used to raid, attack or assault those areas, now PZ is visiting them as good 'ole friends do!  ;D

... the kind of friend that leave a trail of destruction behind them, of course  >:D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

You know why mercs start to faint and weep if you ask, "do you really  want me to call my friends?"  >:D Or just drive by and slip in, "oh, by the way, PZ is coming to pay you a little visit" and drive away. By the time PZ gets there, it will be a ghost town.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

^+-+ you guys are funny!

Thanks for the comment, fragger  ;)

JRD, I remember using the terms "Raid" and such, and remember others like the "Journal entries".  Although I could have added my posts to resurrect those, I decided on using the term "Visiting" just for the reason you mentioned - it's kind of funny to return to the game with much more experience - enough that areas and activities that would have made me sweat a year ago, don't cause me any problem in this play through  >:D

Art Blade

That's something else to tell the mercs.. and frighten them away  ;D

PZ

lol, I'll just tell them about Ned

Art Blade

the guy who shot himself in the foot the other day?  :-() ^+-+ :-X

PZ

Art Blade

that's about as hilarious as the story with ants in a pack of chewing gum, when they bit that one merc in the "barse". :-D

PZ

^+-+
You mean that space between your buttocks and your arse?

FC2 merc conversations: openworldgames.org

Art Blade

More likely the space between your family jewels and your buttocks. I mean, you could be right.. some of them may have buttocks at the front and an arse at the rear.. they've already managed to have faces like a baboon's butt, so why not ;D

fragger

Speaking of barses - back in my twenties I used to ride a motorcycle for Australia Post, delivering telegrams and registered letters and such. Coming to a stop at a red light one afternoon, a trapped and frantic bee gave me a wake-up call in that particular region, whereupon I discovered that I could in fact yodel like a Swiss mountaineer and that given the necessary spur I could dismount from a motorcycle with noteworthy dispatch :o That was soon followed by one embarrassing trip to the pharmacy, let me tell you - when the girl at the counter asked me where I'd been stung, I told her it was on the corner of Military Road and Murdoch Street... :-[

PZ

lol fragger and Art!  :-X  I don't know about the exact location, but that seems to be what that merc said  ^+-+

deadman1

Quote from: fragger on January 24, 2011, 04:45:38 AM
Speaking of barses - back in my twenties I used to ride a motorcycle for Australia Post, delivering telegrams and registered letters and such. Coming to a stop at a red light one afternoon, a trapped and frantic bee gave me a wake-up call in that particular region, whereupon I discovered that I could in fact yodel like a Swiss mountaineer and that given the necessary spur I could dismount from a motorcycle with noteworthy dispatch :o That was soon followed by one embarrassing trip to the pharmacy, let me tell you - when the girl at the counter asked me where I'd been stung, I told her it was on the corner of Military Road and Murdoch Street... :-[

How did you manage to get a bee in your pants?  ??? Were you wearing shorts or something? My own most scary bee moment came a few years ago. I was driving with the driverside window of my car open (no AC in that car), all of a sudden a bee or a wasp flew in through the window and landed inbetween my glasses and my eye  :o it was a good thing I was only coasting at the time otherwise I doubt I would be telling you this.  :)

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: PZ on January 23, 2011, 06:16:26 PM
^+-+
You mean that space between your buttocks and your arse?

FC2 merc conversations: openworldgames.org

He's saying "bollocks" or however it's spelled, in other words, your balls. The barse is also known, at least on the Jackass show as the gootch or cootch, never could understand what they were saying.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on January 24, 2011, 10:29:07 AM
He's saying "bollocks" or however it's spelled, in other words, your balls. The barse is also known, at least on the Jackass show as the gootch or cootch, never could understand what they were saying.

^+-+ :-X

Art Blade

^+-+

oh and fragger, perfect answer then  ^+-+ :-X

PZ

^+-+  lol, a true OWG kind of response!

mmosu

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on January 24, 2011, 10:29:07 AM

It was "gootch", and that answers a lot of the questions I had about this converstion  :-()  The term I'm more familiar with is taint - like "it 'taint your balls, and it 'taint your arse".

...barse... ^+-+

Art Blade

'taint? Reminds me of Tainted Love by Soft Cell.  ^+-+

Spoiler

PZ

I know quite a few people in real life that are a pain in the barse  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳