Far Cry 3 announced 2012

Started by eor123, June 06, 2011, 05:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

Apologies if the Co-Op MP trailer has already been posted - I didn't see it anywhere though.

EDIT: It's actually a re-run of the E3 vid posted already with a different viewpoint.

So for your enjoyment:
Far Cry 3 - Co-op Gameplay Walkthrough
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

As JRD would say,

ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy!

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

Quote from: PZ on August 02, 2012, 05:04:31 PM
...ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy!
:laugh:

Maybe a bit of: ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy[chunk-chunk...boom: splat!]ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy too?
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

PZ

Art Blade

nexor

:'( :'(  Just Forked out ZAR 2000.00 for a MSI nVidia GeForce GTX 560 PCI-Express Graphics Card    :-\\ :'( have to wait three weeks and ZAR 1000.00 later for the 600W Gaming Power Supply before I can install the card   :'( :'(

mandru

Ouch!  ???

I want to keep my computer case when I eventually get around to upgrading my CPU and mother board.  Leading the pack of possible choices the Asus Sabertooth Z77 MoBo looks to be a very capable candidate and on top of an impressive list of specs has upgradable Thunderbolt 10 Gb/sec connectivity but the dust covers for unused sockets and the overall "Covert OPS" look has a hook in me too.  ;D

When I do make the GPU upgrade I'm holding out for a GTX 680.  I've been able to find out that the cool running Ivybridge iteration of the gen3 i7 3770k when combined with the GTX 680's hefty processing ability both deliver a stunningly low power consumption level while solidly thumping the daylights out of my four year old system pushing a GTX 295.  I'll be very comfortably equipped with my current 800W Thermaltake power supply.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

sounds good :) I'll keep my old rig for a while longer.

nexor

A GTX680 would cost me an extra ZAR1000 and a 700W Thermaltake will add another ZAR500, so I'll have to be content with what I can get and maybe towards the end of the year upgrade the mainboard and CPU. Then early next year look at upgrading the GPU.
Our biggest problem here is that the suppliers buy in USD and they don't ship in big quantities therefore the pricing differs from one month to the next   :-\\

As it is we already paying through our necks for pc components   :o

JRD

Hey nexor... I just got a GTX560Ti for my rig! That's a great vid card!

Just like you, buying PC components here is quite painful even though I guess retailers ship huge quantities of any component here. Thing is, in Brazil, import taxes are so stupid high that anything costs twice as much as it would cost in USA. Consider interest and we are talking about maybe 3x the price someone in US would pay for it.

Imagine a US$250 videocard can easily cost the equivalent of US$700  :D

:'(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

nexor

Hey JRD.... we're in the same boat my friend, I'd like to know what our suppliers actualy pay for all these components before import tax, they have to add their markup then add 14% value added tax (VAT) to their end selling price.
I'm a registered dealer with them so I get everything cheaper than the man in the street.
The middle man(me) add his profit margin which can be anything up to 20%..
The card I just purchased from them cost me ZAR1695.00 add 14% VAT..ZAR1932.00 add 20% markup ZAR2319.00 then I have to add 14% VAT..so the man in the street have to fork out ZAR2644.00 for the same card...... :o

Binnatics

???? What does ZAR actually stand for??

btw, a GTX560 is a great card mate, and the 600 watt supply should w@&k brilliant with it. I have the GTX570 which is supposed to be slightly more powerfull, but both cards can handle any available game I guess, including DX11. If the game runs on DX11 that is... ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

nexor

Quote from: Binnatics on August 09, 2012, 06:20:14 AM
???? What does ZAR actually stand for??

Welcome back Binn, hope you had a good time

ZAR stands for our currency (Z)South African Rand..., US Dollar/South African Rand exchange rate today.......$1.00 = R8.0798

JRD

I barely had time to fully appreciate the upgraded graphics the GTX560Ti enables. I did a quick test in B:AC ... just enough to get my a$$ kicked real bad (I swear revenge though)

I'm not sure JC2 has any DX11 capability but I was just looking for some free roam action.

I'll try the other games I have installed this weekend and let you guys know!

AND BRING FAR CRY 3 ON, BABY, BRING IT ON!!!!  >:D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

nexor

My card was supposed to be delivered yesterday  >:((  can't wait to install it, did some searching on the net, seems like the card will run on a 450W power supply, now I don't have to wait a month for my power supply to arrive... :-()

PZ

fragger

Cheers nexor :-X

I really want to play with that jet-ski 8) Looks like there's some proper high hang-gliding too, like you can get them up much higher than FC2's ones.

Hope there's no flipping invisible walls in the landscape...

Jim di Griz

Pre-order bonus pack from Gamestop - great, camp voice-over.

Far Cry 3 - Monkey Business Pack Preorder trailer

"Just look at Herc punching away like a freak on bath-salts..."  :laugh:

PZ

Man, I lose track of the pre-order bonuses!

Jim di Griz

There are a lot of 'em. I suspect that the additional missions/weapons will be available to everyone else at some point later on; leastways I hope so. I'm not really a fan of store specific pre-order bonuses as that precludes quite a high percentage of the world-wide player group from getting what is on offer.

fragger

"Oh, go play hackey-sackey, hippie" :laugh:

Tags:
🡱 🡳