PC: DLC, as a gift/resale possible?

Started by Art Blade, April 24, 2009, 12:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

probably bit naughty but mate of mine got it from a torrent site and gave it me on USB drive, partly so i could test it, partly cos he went APE SH*T at the fact UBI got the nerve to charge for something like that its not a true expansion as such, nor is it a Patch/Update. but his main reason - and i quote " here you go bro, i know how much you love Mercedes, the one on this kick a$$!"  i`m not 100% sure if the Unimog in game is the Mercedes one but they do produce something almost identical.
so i did install the DLC, paid for my PC, paid for the game, pay utility bills so can play it.
UBI should do the honourable thing by either A) releasing a PROPER expansion, AND / OR B) releasing the software needed for us to make mods to share FREELY. (best thing GSC/THQ did for Stalker if you ask me!)

Not gonna hold my breath tho.......
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

spaceboy

I'm probably too quick to think it's ok to pay.  Coming as a last gen console player you get the game and that's that, no updates, no DLC.  So in the past year with a "next gen" console, I'm still like "Oh cool, more maps, or an ATV! sweet!"  and willing to fork over a few more bucks.  That'll probably change over time. 

I did however, totally think it was the best when EA released like 5 new mp maps and a new mp conquest mode for Bad Company (and it was FREE).  Guess what, BC2 is already pre-ordered...for December!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

RedRaven

dont get me wrong, more than willing to pay for quality products just think UBI are being bit greedy and stingy, they are more than capable of making more substantial releases.....
and i really hope they do more for FC2.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

spaceboy

totally understand.  What I think is really odd is that it took so long for UBI to make the DLC avail for PC since consoles had it in November.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

consoles seem to get their stuff faster. TestDriveUnlimited had an expansion pack months before we got it.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

dont they! which is really odd cos am sure games are written on a PC!!!

Dweller_Benthos

Becuse they know as soon as they release something for PC it will be pirated. I'm pretty sure I saw it on torrent sites as soon as it was out.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

out of curiosity I went to ubi.com. I got redirected to ubi/de (must have read out my browser preferences, ubi/de since I'm German) and didn't find anything about Fortunes Pack DLC. So I forced a redirect to ubi/usa and... found it, along with a comment "This product is only available for purchase in the United States, Canada and Mexico." FOR F***S SAKE!
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nickjb69@hotmail.com

Art as I am am in the UK and I have DLC I would thought you could get in the Eurozone. Is there anyway to help you? :)

Art Blade

Thanks for your concern, MGFC4 :)

I think I cannot get it legally, which would be the only way acceptable. Or someone to purchase it in the US and give it to me, but there would be the problem of payment which I won't do over the net. I gave up on it and I don't really need it any more - I am fine with my vanilla FC2 :) Maybe, sometimes they do that, if there was a DVD with add-ons available in the local stores, I would buy it. I did it with Oblivion, got a DVD with loads of mods and DLC on it :) But until then I don't care much any more.

nickjb69@hotmail.com

Art just received e-mail seems Ubisoft has released a Farcry2 Fortune Pack which includes the DLC.  :)

Maybe it will be in the stores shortly.

RedRaven

Quote from: MGFC4 on October 15, 2009, 10:25:40 PM
Art just received e-mail seems Ubisoft has released a Farcry2 Fortune Pack which includes the DLC.  :)

Maybe it will be in the stores shortly.

Its available now, was released not long after Fortunes Pack (around May 09).

There are currently 5 versions available, (at least there is in the UK shops/online stores)
1 > FarCry 2 - standard release. (PC, PS3, Xbox360)
2 > FarCry 2 - collectors pack  (PC, PS3, Xbox360)
3 > FarCry 2 - complete edition
4 > FarCry 2 - play.com exclusive (standard release in a nice steel case)
5 > FarCry 2 - download version (from Ubisoft shop, doesnt say if DLC is included or not)

Where possible I have listed the platforms that each version was released for, although it may only apply to the UK, as far as i could see the collectors pack from Ubisoft's online store is available to US and EU customers too. Looks like a very nice package

[smg id=1544]

The complete edition is what MGFC4 refers to (on play.com it is £9.99 and for some odd reason the standard release is £24.99 !?!

Art Blade

cool, cheers guys  :-X Will keep my eyes peeled when going to my fave games shop again :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳