WHO DO YOU WANT WACTHING YOUR BACK

Started by RedRaven, April 21, 2009, 04:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which characters do you prefer having as you Best Buddy AND Rescue Buddy ?

ANDRE HYPOLITE
4 (8.5%)
FLORA GUILLEN
5 (10.6%)
FRANK BUILDERS
7 (14.9%)
HAKIM ECHEBBI
1 (2.1%)
JOSIP INDROMENO
6 (12.8%)
MARTY ALENCAR
0 (0%)
MICHELE DACHSS
9 (19.1%)
NASREEN DAVAR
4 (8.5%)
PAUL FERENC
6 (12.8%)
QUARBANI SINGH
4 (8.5%)
WARREN CLYDE
7 (14.9%)
XIANYONG BAI
3 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 47

JRD

Quote from: Roaven on August 14, 2009, 07:50:47 AM
I won't let girls distract me from my mission, but I'll spend some alone time with them in between missions

To the end of the line, son!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Quote from: tehsam016 on June 24, 2009, 09:53:51 AM
Josip. I like him cause he kinda has that grand pa thing going on =P.

Hey - that's my avatar you're talking about!
Oh... wait...

Art Blade

Sounds like fragger is the real Josip  ;D Probably a nicer accent, though  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on August 15, 2009, 06:30:04 PM
Probably a nicer accent, though  ;)

:) Thanks, Art, very kind of you!

On the original subject, I like Frank as my best buddy. Foul-mouthed Irishmen always kind of appeal to me. As for a rescue buddy, I love the idea of Michele clutching me to her bosom and nursing me back to health, but I don't think the female characters ever do any rescuing (may be wrong - anyone?) In which case, I can live with Michele being my best buddy while Frank does the rescuing.

Art Blade

Oh, for your pleasure, let me tell you that you are mistaken  ;D Many of us were rescued by them and some people even reported that they had seen fist fights between those female characters and some mercs who dared getting into smack-range.  ;)

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on August 16, 2009, 01:32:32 AM
Oh, for your pleasure, let me tell you that you are mistaken  ;D Many of us were rescued by them and some people even reported that they had seen fist fights between those female characters and some mercs who dared getting into smack-range.  ;)

Art is right... and the girls were wearing wet white T-shirts and cat-fighting in a pool of strawberry jelly and... no.... wait... that was in college ;D ;D ;D ;D

(yeah, right... in my dreams) 

fragger

;D ;D ;D

Gee, and I thought the tough guys got all the girls.
Well, from now on, I'm gonna wuss out and get shot a lot, then watch the girls fight over who wants to rescue me (hope Michele wins).
But, knowing my luck, while the ladies are having their wet t-shirted jelly fight, that potty-mouthed Irish hoon will drag me off kicking and screaming, and Michele's healing bosom will be nothing more than a we... er, pipe dream

JRD

Try shooting ALL your buddies BUT THE GIRLS... one of them ought to rescue then  ;)

fragger

Gotta try that! One way or another, I'll get one of those gals to lug me off

Sotto voce I think I hear a wok rattling in the kitchen

Art Blade

LOL you guys, priceless  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Foghorn Leghorn

I chose Frank and Josip to watch my back - two guys that I know I can have a beer or twelve (Canadian beer, that is  :)) with after a battle.  Warren, like retiredgord pointed out, just talks too much.

Michele and Nasreen - I'd rather have them watching my front.   8)

retiredgord

GEEZ my eyesight is going.  I thought the question was "WHO DO YOU WANT WASHING YOUR BACK?" I was really confused with your answers until I saw with my glasses ON.   lol hahaha.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

RedRaven

LOL ;D
  if it had of been that then no doubt Michele would have a clear lead over any of the others (at least going on whats been said elsewhere here in OWG, she got my vote too :-X )  ..... tho not sure about her side-line in trading! .....
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

LOL gord  ;D

And if it was really "who do you want washing your back" - what a silly question. Do you seriously think I'd send away one or more of those girls? I'd bloody TAKE 'EM ALL  ;D

By the way, Foghorn Leghorn accidently found a new smiley... ":" + ")" + ")" = :)) lol nice one

DKM2

LOL, you better be a good boy.

"wash my back" u gotta think.... with what?

omg    :-[
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

RedRaven

LPO-50,
  has to be, or bet you could get a good scrub down with a Machete  ;)
hahahahahahahahaha.

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

retiredgord

OOOOOH. That machete would take away and produce dead skin.   lol
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Foghorn Leghorn

Quote from: Art Blade on August 19, 2009, 08:37:30 AM
LOL gord  ;D

And if it was really "who do you want washing your back" - what a silly question. Do you seriously think I'd send away one or more of those girls? I'd bloody TAKE 'EM ALL  ;D

By the way, Foghorn Leghorn accidently found a new smiley... ":" + ")" + ")" = :)) lol nice one

I was wondering where that bracket went!

:))  :))  :))  :))  :))

Ceres Tauri

From whom I've worked with, QUARBANI has the best "buddy" talk with you when rescuing and all that.  I keep killing Xianyong Bai 'cause he pisses me off calling me a$$hole.  Thats a dead buddy right away.

I voted for Nasreen tho since she's my fav eyecandy and is pretty tough and cool in a fight. 

Okay, I'll admit it. Confession time: I imagine too many things about meeting her in those huts all over the place...

mmosu

Why does everybody have beef with Xianyong?! He was my longest lived buddy to date.  He was with me almost the entire time through Bowa.  Dude just wouldn't die, and he split more caps than all my other buddies combined on that playthrough to boot.  Watched him blow a wounded merc away point blank in the skirmish that happened after I put the DJ on a permanent commercial break, sick mother. . .
Broke my heart when I had to blow his brains out at the LZ!  :'( 
Warren Clyde, now there's a guy that can't back up his mouth!  ;)

PZ

These days my favorite character to be is Xianyong.  There really doesn't seem to be a difference that I can determine, but for some reason I am enjoying the way the game plays out as I play his character.  Sometimes makes me wonder if the character you choose has any bearing on how small details in the game play out - for instance, there seem to be different buddy dialogs at times.

mandru

I have to pick Quarbani for 1st half and Xianyong for 2nd.

Quarbani can take care of himself well and doesn't seem to be as  much of a baby sitting chore through the Regicide mission as the other buddy options.

And Xianyong, at least for me, has never been the one to step out and say "Enough talk, just shoot him" and quite honestly he amuses me.

As for Xianyong's line "Long time no see a$$hole" well...

*sigh*

I've had a few, now long gone friends, from whom that line offered by one of them would have been words betraying a level of distinct affection. It showed that they knew you were close enough to understand that the words were something more than a stray insult and that you didn't take yourself too seriously around them. An equally caustic return response was always well received.

They could relax around you and not worry about being judged and were better friends than some of the smarmy insincere individuals that I find myself among these days, in real life of course, who will say kind things to your face and then create gossip (a polite word for eviscerate) about you once you step away.

In some ways Xianyong's greeting is better than a hug. *lol*
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I understand what you said  :-X Basically we do things like that here, like when I call some of our seniors "old farts"  ;D

TopHat01

I liked Paul in the beginning portion of the game, he's the exact opposite of what I expected, both by his presentation and his dialogue.  For the second portion, Marty or Frank (Depending on which character I've selected) are my favorites, particularly Frank, as his comments and accent is hilarious.

Tags:
🡱 🡳