FC3: Funny moments

Started by durian, December 07, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

:-D

You must be a summa cum laude graduate of the Evel Knievel College Of Stunts Gone Wrong :-()

Art Blade

With my money, I've sent all five children of my beauty surgeon to university. :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Art Blade

Oh man, I just had one of those moments. On the beach, merc rubber patrol boat some hundred yards away from the coast, my SVD ready. I fire two rounds and kill the gunner. The driver turns the boat towards me and keeps going at full speed which lifts the boat's nose up just enough so you can't see the driver behind it. I keep shooting until I run dry, the boat some twenty yards away, I finished reloading and the moment I was about to decide with which weapon to take out the driver I see the boat beach -- still rushing in my general direction, the driver shouts, "he's out in the open!" -- and then he bloody runs me over with his bloody rubber boat!  ???

The last thing I see while tumbling down and before I die is the boat disappear behind me. He must have gone about ten yards up the beach with it. Crazy dipsticks, those mercs  :)

Binnatics

:o That must have been a lucky ba$t@rd ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

They show absolutely no fear, which is either because they are the most courageous people on the planet, or just plain stupid.

Binnatics

I'd say the latter. Helped to be even more reckless by the shivers for their next hit ::)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

:)

I had another funny moment. A T-junction, I had rigged one road with three mines (by the way, you can lay out more but only the last three will w@&k, any superfluous mines will stay and beep but won't set off and you can't remove them) and for effectiveness three additional packs of C4 in the gaps so it was an explosive carpet spread out nicely. From experience I know that this sort of trap does catch everything. I was just finishing my w@&k when I heard a patrol technical closing in so I had to run not to get caught in the *BOOOM* ..phew, that was lucky. Not a scratch on me but a smouldering wreck and three charred bodies.. heh heh.

Well, I wanted to watch rather than run so I set up everything anew. Then I went a bit uphill and wanted to hide in the bushes to watch and enjoy when all of a sudden the whole pack blew up again but I hadn't heard any engine noise. Strangely there was no new wreck just only the old one. What the hell? I went back and examined the scene and saw this:
[smg id=5912 type=preview align=center caption="Screenshot0819"]

The solution: I had placed one mine close to the wreck and thereby close to a body. Bloody CROWS had come flapping down silently for a feast and.. set off one mine which instantly set off every explosive in range, the whole thing  :laugh:

PZ

:laugh: stupid crow; they must be related to the pirates!

mandru

:laugh:

The local legends do hold that crows are unlucky.  :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

:laugh:

So there I was in the south island, by the side of the road, when a technical came along with two privateers on board. They whizzed past, slowed, turned, came back towards me, drove onto the verge, stopped, and got out, apparently to just wander around and smell the aloe. Being as I was in need of a vehicle I decided to abscond with theirs, however one dude remained right in front of the driver's side access, blocking it. No prob, thought I, I'll just get in from the other side. So I did, just as the other guy decided to get back into the driver's seat. Since the driver's seat was now occupied but I had already initiated an interaction, I was automatically shunted by the program onto the mounted MG. And off we went, leaving the other privateer to his own devices.

This situation had immense possibilities for experimentation (like, what would happen if I fired at other privateers, for one), but the scoundrel who was driving took me straight towards the outpost just a few dozen meters down the road. As I hadn't done a save for a while and wasn't prepared to risk becoming dead just yet, I chickened out and bailed when I saw where he was taking me (I was still able to do the dive-and-tumble thing).

That was the first time I'd been able to get into a vehicle with a privateer, but the timing stank :D Now I want to see if I can pull it off again - the potential for merriment is tantalizing - but I need the right set of conditions to come about again...

mandru

That was a fun read fragger.  :-D  :-X

I had pretty much the same situation arise only it was with an Amanaki driver.

One of the trucks with the mounted .50 cal pulled up to where I was standing at the roadside and stopped.  They jumped out but the driver stubbornly stood over the door blocking the access to the driver's seat.  I ran around back and boarded the truck through the gunner's position but before I could shift to the front the driver jumped back in and off we went.  It was fun for a while being chauffeured around with the freedom to apply the power of the .50 cal liberally on encroaching pirates and every bit of wildlife I could get a line on.  ^-^

But all good things come to an end and after a good 5 minutes or so the driver pulled the same stunt yours did by driving straight into an unlocked outpost.  The problem with that was that I wasn't paying close enough attention to where we were going and didn't have the alertness or good sense to bail out.  Gunfire was coming from all around me and the alarms for back up were triggered before I could clean things up.

I have to give a nod to the developers that they made the enemies we face in the game smart enough to shoot at your ride.  You will hear them yell "Target the truck!" usually right before you get your wheels blown off.  ::)

I'd previously learned that once you've triggered the alarms at an outpost even if you slink away and come back three days later (in real time) the outpost never cools off and is in instant alert as soon as you come into range even though they've not seen this second approach.  My outtake from the gunner joyride was that I learned the only way to reset the unalarmed status of an outpost once a call for backup has gone out is to die  and that will give a fresh restart If you really are striving for things like a perfect unobserved capture of an outpost.
- mandru

Art Blade

Quote from: mandru on April 26, 2013, 07:55:17 AMdriving straight into an unlocked outpost
I'm pretty sure it was actually locked  ^-^

I had a few of those co-driver events.

One that went terribly wrong was at the Airfield when I tried to hop into the car from the other side because a merc was blocking the driver's door -- I couldn't do anything but watch my character slide across the bonnet and perform a takedown from above on the guy who was blocking the door which of course disturbed every merc around to a point that they completely forgot about my uniform and most certainly wouldn't have accepted my unvoiced excuse of all this being a really unlucky accident.  :) Then I killed them all.

A few happened when trying to get into Amanaki vehicles but those rides never lasted long. Those that were not interrupted by firefights usually ended with the driver pulling to the side and getting out for no apparent reason which made my character change seats automatically so I became the driver. However, it happens a lot easier to get into a car with Amanaki drivers than into merc cars.

Merc cars can't be interacted with as long as the driver is still in. I don't even recall being driven around by a merc. However, only yesterday I had the funny situation that I had killed the merc driver while the gunner was still behind the mounted gun in that turret but couldn't see me for some reason (maybe because the technical had collided with a tree and he couldn't move or get out) and I didn't see him, either, when I got in. Only after starting up the engine I heard a guy behind me cursing and the .50 cal gun was all across my windscreen and nearly touched the bonnet (apparently he tried to aim at me  :laugh: ) Of course I tried to keep him in so I avoided stopping or slowing down but eventually he must have fallen out of the turret because the next time I checked he was gone.  :)

PZ

mandru

You are right Art, it was locked.  :-[
- mandru

Art Blade

want a hug, mandru?  :-D

Binnatics

@ Fragger;  nice coincidence to catch a ride like that! :-X

I'd suggest you stick in your position next time, no matter what happens. I've quite some experience now being on a mounted gun in hectic situations (Rakyat trial Transport Destruction) And the only way they will kill you is to blow up your vehicle. You can rapidly replenish your health while still on the gun if you have enough syringes, and if you carry enough Aloe or Arrowroot you can easily prepare some more if needed. Should be enough to take out quite some bad guys ^-^

Wonder what the driver would've done in that case ::)

mandru

Quote from: Binnatics on April 26, 2013, 02:25:37 PM
Wonder what the driver would've done in that case ::)

At the first sign of real trouble he jumps out of the truck spouting some overinflated false bravado right before getting his butt shot off leaving you high and dry sitting on a ammo stockpile with a big sign on it that says "Shoot Me".  :-D
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

I tried to get on a jeep that a merc was driving, but he hopped back out as soon as I tried to enter the vehicle. I was trying to get into the back where the gun is, just as he was getting in the driver seat, but he thought twice and got back out. So I pasted them both with the 50 cal.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Art Blade

nexor

[smg id=5958 type=av]

My favourite vehicle

Art Blade

Excellent driving  :-()

Binnatics

Today I actually got punished by shooting innocent civilian ???

The game said: "Shooting innocent civilians will not be tolerated", and dead was I :( >:D

Tags:
🡱 🡳