FC3: Tips and Tricks

Started by Art Blade, December 07, 2012, 11:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

I've not heard it mentioned yet but as in FC2 it is possible to shoot an RPG when it has been fired at you.  They're smaller and faster than in FC2 but it can be done.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Art Blade

whoa, mandru.. you scare me  :-() :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Have to try it, of course that is before the joker pulls the trigger......... :-D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

I'm sure most of us have come across this but you never know when a newcomer to FC3 might actually trudge through all this thread panning for gold nuggets to help them along following the true path of the Rakyat.  ::)

Most of us probably learned pretty early on in our FC3 careers that shooting the pilot of a chopper was the fastest way to take the heat off when needed in tense situations but pilots aren't the only worthy individuals to target in FC3.  The driver of any wheeled vehicle is also vulnerable to this sort of attack.  It's even tastier if he's got a full load of passengers!  >:D

A well placed shot nailing the driver of a fast moving vehicle will almost always result in a straight ahead coasting (the driver dies with his foot on  the pedal  :laugh: ), an eventual quick veer off the road and roll which will kill every passenger on board either by landing on them or having the force of the roll fling their bodies up into the air in impressive arcs.  That chance that the flipped upside down rig often explodes from the rough handling is pure gravy.  :-D
- mandru

nexor

You right there mandru, now that you mention it, I remember it happened to me once, I meant to put a bullet in the grille of an oncoming jeep but accidently shot the driver, the result was hilarious   

Art Blade

I keep doing that (shooting drivers) when playing "defend the Compound" -- there are plenty of oncoming vehicles and boy, the area looks like a war zone after a while  :-D

mandru

- mandru

Binnatics

It did happen to me more than once in co-op play that I shot the driver of an incoming vehicle and the vehicle ran me over :-[ :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Art Blade

nexor

It's not against game rules to jump out of the way of oncoming vehicles guys   ::)

PZ

Art Blade

:)

It's just about the same thing with flocks of birds trying to take out aeroplanes.

"You know, guys, you really shouldn't try to headbutt a 450-tonnes block of flying steel."

:-D

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

nexor

mandru

Or there is always one of my favorite FC2 activities.  I called it Jumping the Bumper.

Admittedly the rigs with the big .50 cal can take two hops to clear but you can run right across the top of most careening out of control trucks, step off the back and still get turned around back on the ground to enjoy it should they flip and blow up.  ^-^

An addition to my comment "Dies with his foot on the pedal".

Last night I tagged a driver in one of the techies ( :-\\? one of the crappy jeeps with the windshield folded flat on the hood) right as he had the gas punched and wheel cranked turning around to come back after me.  There was one passenger next to him in the front seat and a second human beanbag behind him on one of the benches in the back.

There was a hilarious 20 seconds or so of the jeep flying around in a tight circle while the passengers screamed pompous BS threats at me but they were moving too fast to hop out and try anything.  Or at least that was the case until I dropped a C-4 charge in their path and with practiced timing accelerated them in a completely new vector with Hell as the end terminus.  >:D
- mandru

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I thought in order for it to be a technical, it had to have a gun mounted in the back. A jeep with the windscreen folded down is just a jeep, isn't it? Plus, ever notice that some (all?) of them have a 4x4 piece of wood for front bumper? lol
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

Whatever they're called I just discovered that any vehicle that drowns out in water shallow enough to allow you to toss three charges of C-4 under the front bumper flies 10 times further than a blown up vehicle of the same type.  It's as if the fact that the vehicle flooded out the majority of it's weight has been removed.

Even once you've launched it out of the water and up on shore it will maintain its marvelous new found flight characteristics when repowered with subsequent C-4 charges.  ^-^  :-X
- mandru

Art Blade

:laugh:

@D_B:
Yes, it should have a mounted gun but the game doesn't distinguish between those two types. There are also Jeeps with and without mounted guns but those Jeeps never have their windscreen folded flat on the bonnet.

And yes, I too noticed those 4x4s  :-D

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on May 16, 2013, 10:17:13 AM
There are also Jeeps with and without mounted guns but those Jeeps never have their windscreen folded flat on the bonnet.

I've managed to drive a Jeep with a pirate folded flat on the bonnet. I explained to him that it was a new type of fitness routine - pirates.

Binnatics

Quote from: mandru on May 16, 2013, 10:13:36 AM
Even once you've launched it out of the water and up on shore it will maintain its marvelous new found flight characteristics when repowered with subsequent C-4 charges.  ^-^  :-X

Now that is a cool "glitchy" discovery :) :-X

fragger

Chitty Chitty BANG BANG :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳