Screenshots

Started by fragger, December 08, 2012, 07:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Quote from: mandru  on January 28, 2013, 01:31:44 PM

... I wonder if loading up with a syringe of "Untouchable" on the final approach would allow someone to actually pinpoint the rolling bomb placement and remove the need to bail ...  I'll need to check that next time I have an outpost to overwhelm.

I went to the oil refinery where the mission Black Gold takes place and set up the situation in my thought above.

Popping the Untouchable syringe just before coming into view of the two guards at the front gate I was able to run over both of them and stop my vehicle precisely between the vehicle mounted .50 cal and the tanker truck, step out while taking close fire from all sides and instantly right click to detonate the charges I'd placed on both sides of my vehicle.

While my ears rang and my hearing was momentarily diminished I took no damage. (note in after thought: I wasn't wearing body armor so I failed to see if there was possible damage in that regard)  The guards that were too close when it all went up were removed and I was able to dash over to the nearby alarm box and manually disable it unhampered even though I was still drawing considerable fire.  There was even a bit of spare time remaining to either mop up or scramble for cover before the syringe expired.

So that part of the experiment in my view was a success.

I have experienced one drawback when using the Untouchable syringe and that is if an enemy is too close they tend to attempt a knock down move.  They manage to succeed about one time in four.  Even with the skill tree upgrade where the effect of animal attacks and knock downs from enemies are supposed to be diminished the Untouchable syringe does not remove the possibility of that occurring.  I suspect that the skill tree upgrade protects from knock down and that the Untouchable syringe contributes no additional protection from that danger what so ever.

My source material for that suspicion is finding myself in the dirt and seeing stars too many times while being supposedly supercharged.  So keep physical distance from combatants if possible.  With the clock ticking and precious little time if you're like me you don't want to waste any of it laying stunned on the ground.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Excellent experiment, mandru  :-X +1

Art Blade

from me, too  :-X cool stuff  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Excellent mandru :-X Here, have another one :)

Speaking of the fuel depot, I tried PZ's method of tackling it and it worked like a charm. Sam had almost nothing to do - when I got back to him after blowing everything, he was staring into space while still manning his gun and looking very bored...

The attack on Vaas' compound is another situation where it pays to have a couple of Untouchables ready-rolled. I got through the burning building and the subsequent peppering when getting off the roof without taking any damage.

I've been wondering if the devs came up with the idea of the Untouchable syringe knowing that hardcore open-worlders like us would be bugged by the linearity of the main missions and would appreciate being given a way to reduce the pain factor of them :-()

PZ

Glad it worked for you fragger; like you I really disliked going through the way the developers intended: run-and-gun.

I didn't mind Vaas' compound too much...
Spoiler
jumped off the roof into the back yard and then worked my around the side to the front of the building where I began picking off people one-by-one at my leisure.  As long as I can do that, life is good.

mandru

Thanks for the kudos guys.  :)
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Say hello to the internet.

[smg id=5526]
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

very nice screenie  :) :-X

mandru

:laugh:

There's a multi-vehicle race event in that area that drives right through there and while I glimpsed the bodies in the tree as I flew through things were a bit too frantic to spot that odd mushroom on the beach.  ;)
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I saw this thing flashing in the distance and wondered what it was, as it didn't look like anything else. Turns out it was the "TV Star" lol.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Now that it seems the game will actually run for me (let's hope) I'll be posting more screens.

Remember, only YOU can prevent pirate fires!

[smg id=5537]

I was speeding along a back road when I heard a thump and the blood spattered up and I wondered what I hit, so I hopped out and looked around. Took a while to find this guy, he's really small.

[smg id=5538]

"You know, I think it would w@&k better with the rubber side down"

[smg id=5539]

"You get out of the way"
"No, YOU get out of the way"
"I know, let's all just stand here in the road"

[smg id=5540]

I was travelling along a road when I saw on the minimap the icon for another vehicle ahead of me. Suddenly, it drifted off to the left and disappeared. I heard a crash and explosion. Stopped and got out, and this is what was left at the bottom of the cliff. Artificial dumbness, anyone? I've seen the bots pull off some fancy maneuvers while driving, be then, they go and do something like this.

[smg id=5541]
D_B

mandru

Nice screen shots D_B.  :-X

@ shot #2: Good going, I never could stand that uppity Gieco Gecko.

@ shot #4: The fun part of that scene is when a local comes bombing through and smears the lot of 'em and never bothers to stop.

A quick note for curiosity seekers.  There is a small illuminated marine light fixture at X:312.7, Y:314.6 (Southern coast of the South island)  hanging in the air a handful of feet beyond the end of the pier without means of visible support.

I'm not sure which is more impressive.  Levitation or power transmission without power lines.  ;D
- mandru

fragger

Nice ones D_B :-X Looking forward to more now that the game might actually let you play long enough to take some pics.

Pic #3: I can only imagine how that got there ???? That is a gas station, isn't it? Someone should tell those guys that there is such a thing as a dipstick for checking the oil... but then I guess the dipstick was the one doing the driving :-()

Art Blade

all shots and comments are funny, D_B, and the one that really cracked me up was "the rubber side down"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks, it's nice to be able to actually play now. Stupid memory.

Anyway, somewhere there was the discussion of the mystery loot chest on the small island in the river near the ruins, on the north island. I've found the waypoint marker very useful in finding stuff, helps a lot. I'm now systematically gathering all loot and relics on the north island. This one still bugs me though, it must be buried slightly under the ground or just a glitch, as you can see the waypoint is right there, but there is nothing. I've also noticed that some loot markers on the map are not for chests but for the small piles of cash. I've spent some time on a few looking for a chest when it's actually a much smaller pile of money.

[smg id=5542]
D_B

Art Blade

Jason's dog "Altaïr" just died pertaining to family tradition by blade. The pet bear "Desmond" will be next..
[smg id=5545 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2013 02 10 00040"]

Oh and regarding D_B's traffic pics, I had a somewhat similar encounter. I couldn't watch for much longer so I had to do what I do best. Hard not to yell, "frag out!"  :-D
[smg id=5547 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2013 02 10 00022"]

mandru

I just hate it when they decide to have an impromptu park and chat in the middle of a bridge.  :D

Many times with these traffic jams if you try to jump in and move their vehicles one by one out of the way so that you can get through and go on with what you are trying to do the vehicles won't w@&k.  :angry-new:
- mandru

PZ

fragger

"Burnin' down the house..."
[smg id=5548 align=center width=600]

Dunno what these things are supposed to be, but whatever they are, they anti-gravitate.
[smg id=5549 align=center width=600]

I love finding this sort of stuff, and appreciate the trouble the devs went to for creating it, just for the sake of making the environment a bit more interesting to poke around in.
[smg id=5550 align=center width=600]

"You put your right leg in, you put your right leg out, you put your left leg in and you shake it all about..."
[smg id=5551 align=center width=600]

"Sorry, I didn't mean to boar you!"
[smg id=5552 align=center width=600]

Fat chance.
[smg id=5553 align=center width=600]

This place must do a roaring trade.
[smg id=5554 align=center width=600]

This just looked cool. Cue the Adventures In Paradise theme...
[smg id=5555 align=center width=600]

PZ

Nice fragger  :-X

I like how much that red shirt must love his pet pig, with him letting the pig use his back as a mattress  :-()

Art Blade

mandru

Once again nice shots fragger.  :)
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Dude, no wonder you're hot!

[smg id=5561]
D_B

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳