Dweller_Benthos

Sorry Binn.....

[smg id=5619]

did it again.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

:o

Hey guys! You better grab screen caps of your names on those trial rocks while you have the chance!

After all his false starts from computer glitches D_B's definately in the game with a vengeance.  :-D

1+ to D_B for perseverance and hitting the ground running  :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

indeed, nice one :) pat on the back from my end, too  :-() +1 :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed; I've not seen anyone quite as tenacious  :-X +1 from me as well.

fragger

What the heck D_B, have one from me too. Might as well get 4 kudos in as many posts :-D

Dweller_Benthos

You guys are too kind. Not so much tenacious as not wanting to waste that $50 I spent on the game. Heck, I was even contemplating getting a different computer there for a while....

Some of those challenges though, I can't seem to get any headway towards a good score, much less beating anyone else's. I tried the lumberyard one last night, because some yahoo with a [UBI] tag in front of their name knocked Binn or Art off the top spot. "Can't have that" I thought, but didn't even get halfway to the high score on that one, it's tough.
D_B

Art Blade

OK, if you think that was unusual..
Quote from: Art Blade on February 26, 2013, 05:41:40 AM
[smg id=5615 type=preview align=center caption="2013 02 26 00001"]

..how about this one. AGAIN a fucking cat caught me, during a race  :laugh:
[smg id=5620 type=preview align=center caption="2013 02 28 00014"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:laugh:  Attacking you like a dog!

mandru

:-\\

There's got to be some back story on that second attack.  Were you pulled off a quad runner or had you parked your jeep up a tree and were hoofing it to find another ride?

I'll grant you that what ever the conditions both of these screen shots reek of stunning bad luck.  :laugh:

I know from first hand experience that a crock can rip you out of a rubber boat if you are standing up near the edge of it and have the unfortunate luck of having run aground too close to where it's laying in wait and I've never tried stopping near the business end of a crock with a jet ski but I've always assumed some degree of safety at least from wildlife if you were powered up and under way in any of the vehicles.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

You're spot on, the second pic was taken after my quad gave up on me because I had sort of sunk it and I was wondering whether to... GROAR!! :-D

The next attempt on the same track.. this time I.. no, the beast, ran into me which of course ruined the race but I did give him the honour and personally skinned the ba$t@rd on the spot, though  >:D

[smg id=5621 type=preview align=center caption="2013 02 28 00020"]

Dweller_Benthos

As I've mentioned before, quite a trick to get a leopard skin from a mountain lion.....
D_B

Art Blade

yep.. :)

And sorry to say, I think you're going to do your head in trying to get that score.  >:D

[smg id=5622 type=preview align=center caption="2013 02 28 00039"]

Spoiler
While I was in the midst of it I noticed how I got ongoing kill messages and I saw the three car wrecks I just produced with the RPG. I thought that the enemies must be dying from fire spreading and was amused while taking out a chopper. Then I couldn't see any enemies any more but I kept getting kill messages, saw choppers approach and explode without my doing and thought hell, do I now have some Rakyat reinforcements helping me out, there? But nothing, instead I watched how enemies everywhere just kept blowing up while I was simply watching. When the time was up, I had that massive score. Yet another UBI glitch.

Binnatics

:o :o

^-^ Nice find! Curious if that glitch ever happens again  :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Art might have accidentally hit the Ubi cheat key that allows their guys to achieve those large scores.  :-()

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah right, is that the one where you are shooting incoming jeeps and copters with the RPG? The dang long reload time is what gets me on that one. I doubt I'd even be trying those again, I've done them all and had a decent run on a few, so on to the actual missions now.

But first, another screenshot of one of my mishaps driving into water. I thought this was just another spot where you can drive across the river, but it turned out to be a bit too deep. When I got out and looked around, saw that I was lucky to have landed on the correct side of where that croc was stationed, if I'd gotten out of the passenger side, would have had some trouble.

[smg id=5623]
D_B

Art Blade

nice pic :) reminds me of a fish bowl..  :-D

Dweller_Benthos

I guess Binn doesn't want me to beat one of his scores ever again....

[smg id=5644]

sheesh....
D_B

Art Blade

heh, I know that one, "yet another UBI bug."

Dweller_Benthos

Ouch! That's going to leave a mark....

[smg id=5647]

Liza! Quick, turn around!! Look at the floating mountains!!!

[smg id=5648]

Dumb ^%&#*#.....
D_B

Art Blade

I happened upon the guy with a rock for a head, too.. found it quite amusing  :) And I too have that issue when taking screenies that show the fake mountains, two layers are shown: one with a distant haze and slightly shifted, without any haze.

Dweller_Benthos

Sure ruins a lot of otherwise nice screenshots. I should try to remember to paste from the clipboard in cases like that instead of using the saved screenshot file. Usually clipboard paste is a lot more accurate.
D_B

Art Blade

I'll have to try that, too  :)

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty birds

[smg id=5650]

Dead birds

[smg id=5651]

Another dead bird as he was trying to eat a dead guy

[smg id=5652]

Dead snake

[smg id=5653]

I've tried to get close enough to get a snake with the knife, but they strike before you can slice them.
D_B

Art Blade

hehe, nice screenies :)

I remember the first snake I encountered was at the base of the first radio tower and before it could get me I killed it with a headshot using my first acquired weapon: a 1911.  :-D

PZ

I guess D_B doesn't like birds and their relatives, the reptiles :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳