PS3 patch 1.02

Started by PZ, December 13, 2012, 01:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Advise against applying this patch (at least for now) because several have reported negative effects in their game which was working fine before the patch was applied.  Supposed to be v1.02.  Usually when a PS3 game loads and a patch is available, you receive a prompt that you need to apply the patch before you can continue.  However, I typically cancel out of that screen and the game loads fine.

Currently my FC3 is working just fine and I'll likely not patch unless absolutely necessary.  I recall that all the FC2 patch did for me was to ruin the Jackal tapes - my FC2 was running just fine without the patch.

shelmez

PZ, you're absolutely right, the patch 1.02 and 1.03 corrected multiplayer. There is no sense to put the single game.
Solves problems by playing the homemade cards when connected to it more than 8 players

- Improved match-meyking for multiplayer and cooperative modes

- Improved team balance

- Departure from the map editor at the use of special characters

- Resolves an issue where a player falls through the world when not connected to a network account

- Fixes the buttons statistics on the world map

- Improves stability when exiting to the desktop

- Fixes some problems of the leaderboard.
rascal, womanizer and eater of pigs))))

shelmez

Also released a third patch
General fixes that makes the patch 1.03, the following:

For Steam-version adds support for the Russian and Czech.
     Fixed problem of systems with more than 32 cores.
     Fixed problems activation key supplied with exclusive content. Now the content becomes available when you enter the key.
     Various improvements for custom maps.
    Mind-blowing, is not it? :)
rascal, womanizer and eater of pigs))))

PZ

That makes sense because many people are complaining about MP problems.  The bad thing for SP is that it has broken a few things, at least for some people who's game was fine before the patch:

• Weapons graphics in the shop menu are so bad that you cannot recognize what you are purchasing
  • If weapon is lowered, Jason does not raise it again unless you go through the weapon wheel (reminds me of a few times in FC2 where the weapon view was lost)
  • Stuttering frame rate
  • Tools in crafting look terrible
  • However MP appears to be more stable
Granted, you never know what has happened - perhaps a hiccup in the download or the install of the patch for a few, who knows.  However, better safe than sorry.  As shelmez indicated, if this is intended for the MP part of the game, there is no reason for us SP guys to take a chance.

fragger

I think this patch may have been applied to my game when I was trying to install (PC version). There were two updates, each about 200MB, and they just went ahead and applied themselves with out asking me first. However, apart from an occasional and very intermittent hang and a quirk with the vending machine which I mentioned here, I have none of the problems you listed.

Next time I fire up the game I'll have a look at the version.

I'd agree that if you feel you don't need the patch, you're probably better off not applying it.

deadman1

Well that wold explain why my skills aren´t getting unlocked eventhough I have done a truckload of missions, I currently have 6 skillpoints that I can´t spend on anything.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That's awful, deadman  :D

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on December 15, 2012, 10:03:30 AM
in MP or SP?

It´s SP, but havung read some of the other FC3 threads I´m beginning to wonder whether the problem might be that I haven´t done enough story missions. I´ve been concentrating on radiotowers and side missions. I´ll just have to get back in and try that out. I´ll check back with you guys later.

Jim di Griz

I haven't noticed any probs with the SP and there are two of us playing from the same install. Mind you we have a very stable connection with high upload/download speed - so maybe you're right and it's down to individual connections.

I used to have a problem with one track on GT5 after a patch which was due to the file being corrupted, a delete of the save and re-install fixed it - but that was before the stable connection.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

hey deadman, after story mission 11 you'll unlock 26 new perks. The rest will get unlocked once you're in the southern part of the map :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on December 15, 2012, 01:14:39 PM
hey deadman, after story mission 11 you'll unlock 26 new perks. The rest will get unlocked once you're in the southern part of the map :)

Nice to know Art, I was correct in thinking I needed to do some story missions for my skills to progress. Thoise points I had saved up really came in handy then  :-()

Art Blade

fragger

I checked my version number and I am indeed running v1.02. It installed that way, i.e. Ubi applied the patches when I installed the game, before I'd even had a chance to run it, so not knowing any better at that point, I let it do so. Well, I don't recall that it actually gave me a choice...

I don't have any of the probs that were on that list PZ found. Maybe I just got lucky and had a perfect update, or just the right combination of hardware components for everything to go OK.

I would still advise not applying any patches if your game is running fine the way it is.

PZ

Dang those Ubisoft people  \:/

I've been playing on the original game without doing a patch update and now the game is throwing in arbitrary prompts to do the update.  I can still cancel out of them, but what an annoyance.

Tags:
🡱 🡳