New Polytechnique

Started by fragger, May 13, 2011, 08:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

ninzza

Excellent discovery fragger  :-X  I tried to climb up in that area many times but I thought it's impossible.
I love sniping so I'm very happy when I read your post.

In my previous playthroughs, I often stay on the rock south of Polytechnic near the safehouse. From there the mercs never spot me but the problem is that I hardly see any merces to shoot.  I had to fire the RPG or M79 to lure them out but only 34, guys show up then I had to get very close to the compound to take out the rest.

ninzza

Wow this sniper hide is expansive as mandru said, it's perfect for meditation :)

I brought my AS50 and CarlG, killed everyone and burned everything  >:D Good times  :)
This spot and the one at Weelegol vilage are the best sniper hides in this game, IMO.

PZ

I particularly like this hide because the mercs can't get anywhere near you, can't flank you, etc. (Just did Frank's mission this morning).  This is really a perfect place - if I'd have found a real place like this as a kid, I'd have built a fort there  :-().  The narrow ledge leading up reveals no hint of the expansive area you are about to enter.

Another favorite hide of mine is on the high ledge above the rail yard in Leboa.  First pick off the sniper on the metal building, then torch all of the flammables.

In my current play, I'm looking for (and finding) places that are extremely far away, preferably with lots of open ground between me and the mercs so I can pick them off as they try to approach.  Two such places are Sepoko in Bowa, and the airport in Leboa.

ninzza

Quote from: PZ on June 15, 2011, 02:12:10 PM
I particularly like this hide because the mercs can't get anywhere near you, can't flank you, etc. (Just did Frank's mission this morning).  This is really a perfect place - if I'd have found a real place like this as a kid, I'd have built a fort there  :-().  The narrow ledge leading up reveals no hint of the expansive area you are about to enter.

Another favorite hide of mine is on the high ledge above the rail yard in Leboa.  First pick off the sniper on the metal building, then torch all of the flammables.

In my current play, I'm looking for (and finding) places that are extremely far away, preferably with lots of open ground between me and the mercs so I can pick them off as they try to approach.  Two such places are Sepoko in Bowa, and the airport in Leboa.
Yes, the hide in the Rail Yard area is one of the best in game :)
When I go to Sepoko I use the same tactic as you: I approach from north using AS50 to pick them off but one of the 2 snipers is pretty hard to shoot since he's behind the fence.

PZ

Quote from: ninzza on June 15, 2011, 02:36:53 PM
...When I go to Sepoko I use the same tactic as you: I approach from north using AS50 to pick them off but one of the 2 snipers is pretty hard to shoot since he's behind the fence.
Sure is - another place at Sepoko is a high rock on the western edge of the area.  It is relatively easy to get the snipers, and then the mercs that run through the dry grass toward your position.  Molotov cocktails w@&k wonders in situations like this.  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳