GTA IV modded handling.dat

0_modded_handling.dat
Filesize: 37.18kB  Views: (299)  Downloads (69)  Last Download: Today at 04:40:53 AM 
Previous Download | Next Download
Description: Read on first, then use this is the link to the updated (v.1b) and modded handling.dat please.

I modded the handling of a few cars, mainly as followed:

- Sultan and SultanRS to be used as drift cars (less grip, massive amount of white smoke..) Quite damage resistant.

- Taxis drive like maniacs if you tell them (space bar) to hurry. Best use the limousine type without spoiler on the rear, they are most stable. The other two types (one with a small, flat spoiler; the other one a quite bulky and higher) tend to flip at high speeds while taking corners. Quite damage resistant.

- Police cars are almost unable to drive straight and quite often can't even "climb" steeper roads. They are very prone to taking damage and set alight.

first backup, then replace the "handling.dat" with the modded file (rename the modded one accordingly to handling.dat so it works)

file is to be placed here (the download section does not print any backslash so I used a dash instead)

X:-Steam-SteamApps-common-grand theft auto iv-GTAIV-common-data

Have fun
Keywords: GTA IV 
Posted by: Art Blade August 09, 2012, 05:23:37 PM

Rating: ***** by 1 members.

Linking Codes
Direct Link

Comments

Art Blade
Sir Postalot
Admin
Apostrophizer
Offline Posts: 23,369

August 10, 2012, 04:20:44 AM
cheers :)

As we found out to our utter satisfaction, the mod works in MP if all players use it. Then they experience exactly the same. If someone doesn't have it while others do, it is a bit strange. Those who have it will notice that as soon as a player who doesn't have it is close, things begin to mix and those who don't have it don't realise a mod is running.

Best example to explain it: when I use the mod and see white smoke due to a burnout, others won't see it who don't use it while those who have it will see the smoke, too. And: Police seems to be unable to move their cars properly until a player without mod comes by with police chasing him as if the mod wasn't in place.

So, either only use it in SP only or make sure all other players use the same mod :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics
Flying Dutchman
Staff
The Jackal
Offline Posts: 4,500

August 09, 2012, 05:44:06 PM
Great  mod!!!!

Works brilliant!!! Too bad I didn't unlock other islands jet, so I can't try the Sultan RS.
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Add Comment

Comment: 
Your comment will not appear until it has been approved.